Rifle rules - Buttons, ISSF ?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

RobStubbs

Rifle rules - Buttons, ISSF ?

Post by RobStubbs »

Can anyone help - I'm trying to confirm my interpretation of ISSF rules in that I can remove buttons that I don't use on my jacket - i.e. the bottom two in prone. Rule 7.4.7.2 would appear to be the only one mentioning button / zips and doesn't specify it. The reason I want to remove them is a) because I sometimes lay on them and b) I could fall foul of the 7cm additional overlap rule where they are presently positioned (until I lose 1/2 stone).

Thanks in advance.

Rob.
Anschutz

Post by Anschutz »

if you haven't got a button on the jacket how can they measure the overlap ?
Colin
Barney

Post by Barney »

Colin is quite correct, they only measure the overlap on the buttons which are on the jacket.
I only shoot prone and just use the top 3, the rest of them are removed due to the same problems.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Barney wrote:Colin is quite correct, they only measure the overlap on the buttons which are on the jacket.
I only shoot prone and just use the top 3, the rest of them are removed due to the same problems.
Cheers guys, I just wanted clarification of what I thought, before I go through EQ.

Rob.
Forget X's

Re: Rifle rules - Buttons, ISSF ?

Post by Forget X's »

RobStubbs wrote:Can anyone help - a) because I sometimes lay on them and b) I could fall foul of the 7cm additional overlap rule where they are presently positioned (until I lose 1/2 stone).

Thanks in advance.

Rob.
Hmmmm.. if you lay on the buttons and they poke you, and they are OEM domed buttons, then replace them with flatter buttons of the same diameter. As I recall the measurement is taken from the edge of one end of the coat to the end of the coat that is covered by the other edge.

You can tailor fit the coat after you lose the 1/2 stone, take in at the sides by a VERY good tailor or have the opening retailored (may make more sense) and reposition the flat buttons. The tailor HAS to know what they are doing as the drape of the coat, the angle of the opening and the "fit" are all items EQ is going to check.
David Levene

Re: Rifle rules - Buttons, ISSF ?

Post by David Levene »

Forget X's wrote:As I recall the measurement is taken from the edge of one end of the coat to the end of the coat that is covered by the other edge.
Part of ISSF rule 7.4.7.2:-
To determine this, the jacket must be capable of being overlapped beyond the normal closure by at least 70 mm, measured from the center of the button to the outside edge of the button hole. The measurement will be taken with the arms at the sides.