Ordering for Shooting Jacket/Pants gear

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

mapletune

Ordering for Shooting Jacket/Pants gear

Post by mapletune »

Anyone have experience buying/ordering from Monard USA? I sent an inquiry 4 days ago and haven't heard from them yet... thought i should just ask on targettalk, might be faster >_>

I'd like to know how the ordering process works. Is it somehow like: complete form, send form through email/fax, get a payment invoice back, pay by credit card, receive shipment?

Anyone have other suggestions on what to buy and where to buy clothes for beginners? I'm looking for a simple straightforward purchase. (jacket, pants, underwear, glove, Air Rifle Shooting, MEC Ultralight Startline)

Also, since it's going into checked baggage. I was wondering if you guys could give me an idea on the weight of the gear. A simple starter's canvas shooting jacket and shooting pants = 10 kg? @_@ i hope it's not that heavy haha~

again, thanks for reading~
Cheers,
Mike
plinker

Post by plinker »

Mike,

Go look at the online sites for Creedmore, Champions Choice, and Champion Shooters Supply - lots of stuff on all of them that would fit your needs!
jmkwyo

Post by jmkwyo »

clothes aren't that heavy, it is the kneeling roll, scope accessories, stands, ammo that are all heavy, but yes probably 5/6 lbs. You should call monard or email them again, do you have the right email/phone?
http://www.shop.monard.biz/
You should ask Shawn about their demo coats that they are selling too, pretty good deals if they fit you!
dmf

Post by dmf »

I ordered standard jacket and pants, and found the customer service to be good. I agree would just send them a reminder or call them.
The process for me was:
1. sent email with measurements and desired clothing size
2. monard confirmed the size, price, and in-stock
3. sent a fax with my actual order & visa.

As for weight I can squeeze my jacket, pants, and boots in a suitcase with all my other stuff and don't have any problems with airline weight restrictions.

Dave
mapletune

Post by mapletune »

Thanks for all the response.

You guys were right, Shawn got back to me and told me how busy Monard was with Junior Olympics.

He doesn't think international shipping is possible, but will reconfirm and let me know for sure. Shawn is also going to confirm the weight of the order for me, so that's really awesome =) I wasn't sure if it was possible since it's troublesome.

Hope everything works out.

Cheers,
Mike
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

mapletune wrote:Thanks for all the response.

You guys were right, Shawn got back to me and told me how busy Monard was with Junior Olympics.

He doesn't think international shipping is possible, but will reconfirm and let me know for sure. Shawn is also going to confirm the weight of the order for me, so that's really awesome =) I wasn't sure if it was possible since it's troublesome.

Hope everything works out.

Cheers,
Mike
I don't know where you are located, but is there not a monard dealer anywhere near you ? Whilst international shipping is possible, it's obviously not ideal if something doesn't fit right and needs returning.

Rob.

Post by Guest »

jmkwyo wrote:clothes aren't that heavy, it is the kneeling roll, scope accessories, stands, ammo that are all heavy, but yes probably 5/6 lbs. You should call monard or email them again, do you have the right email/phone?
http://www.shop.monard.biz/
You should ask Shawn about their demo coats that they are selling too, pretty good deals if they fit you!
That's it? That's their entire website?! No size charts, no higher end jackets, nothing about the demo coats. Am I missing something?
Pat McCoy

Post by Pat McCoy »

Try www.monard.biz

It should take you to the main homepage.

the real website!

Post by Guest »

Thank you Pat! There's the entire website (now why can't they put a good link in the other one?)