Pardini SP New: Trigger Suddenly Rough

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Gwhite

Pardini SP New: Trigger Suddenly Rough

Post by Gwhite »

I went to practice this evening, and the 2nd stage of the trigger pull on my Pardini SP has developed a lot of roughness. I have a fairly long second stage, and it used to be very smooth. Now it hesitates and creeps. It was fine several nights ago when I did a lot of dry firing.

Other than cleaning & oiling, is there anything I should watch out for? I've never cleaned the trigger mechanism on a Pardini before, and don't know how far apart I should take it. I can just hit it with spray solvent & then apply oil to all the bits I can reach, but I'm always afraid the spray solvent will remove oil from places I can't guarantee I can re-lubricate.
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

Why not just try squirting some oil into the mechanism, and see if there is any improvement. I know that my SSP develops the same symptoms when lubrication is not up to scratch.
For what its worth, every so often I flush everything out with a light solvent and brush, blow dry with compressed air, and then liberally re lube everything with oil and teflon grease. Produces a wonderful feel again.
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

Fortunately, I found that most of the critical bits are accessible through ports in the sides of the pistol. I cleaned the sear/hammer interface & greased it, and the same for the connection between the trigger bar and the sear. I also oiled all of the pins things pivot on from both ends with a light oil that should penetrate into the inner workings.

I think the problem may have been dirt or lack of oil in the ball & spring that creates the second stage. It felt a little rough, even with the hammer uncocked. I didn't want to take that apart, so I blew the dirt off with compressed air, and then cleaned the end of it with a well oiled patch. I did a little dry firing, and it feels much better. I've got a match tomorrow night, and that will be the true test.
customs954

lubing pardini

Post by customs954 »

I'm pretty sure my owners manual on my SP new states do not oil the trigger mechanism. I think oiling will attract contaminents, dust, powder residue etc.