nitrogen powered break barrel

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

ronpistolero

nitrogen powered break barrel

Post by ronpistolero »

I really wouldn't know where to post this question. But I would like to get feed backs from those who have tried these nitrogen powered break barrel rifles. As advertised, they seem to be much better than spring-piston powered ones. Do they really produce lesser kick/recoil? Are they as accurate to compete in 40 yard silhouette matches?

Thanks

Ron
pilkguns
Site Admin

Post by pilkguns »

try yellowforum.com, they would know they answer to this
robf

Post by robf »

gasrams?

hmm... can of worms... some people love them, some hate them, some have problems, some don't.

not many people use them in FT/HFT comps this side of the pond.
yana

Post by yana »

Depends. Wether original or aftermarket. The original one's, HW90, Theoben are good, serviceable and adjustable.
Allthough the HW90 design is very weak. (not the ram) Its easily damaged by too high ram pressures etc.
After markets have limited lifespan (seals are designed for 2 yrs) and are not serviceable or adjustable in power.
They're just as accurate, dont have twang ofcourse, but are harder to cock.
yana

Post by yana »

I forgot, recoil wise sóme feel they're rather sharp, snappy. Especially aftermarket one's, especially in .177 carbine rifles.
The theobens are very nice to shoot though, allthough I'd stay away from the 7" barreled one's for above reason.
They're low maintenance, but not forever, the seal can deteriorate, and it cán leak.
For aftermarkets, most advice a good tunekit instead of an aftermarket ram.