Scatt System vs Noptel

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

ZD

Scatt System vs Noptel

Post by ZD »

Just out of curiosity, does anybody know why the Noptel training system is more expensive than the Scatt System? ($2300 for Noptel vs $1600 for Scatt)
Reinhamre

Post by Reinhamre »

Is there a possibility to shoot rapid fire and have 5 targets on a NOPTEL unit? And for standard pistol, can I read all 5 shots?
With SCATT you have to go away from target to make another shot so in this case it is useless.
Kent

Post by Guest »

Yes, you can do that.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Reinhamre wrote:Is there a possibility to shoot rapid fire and have 5 targets on a NOPTEL unit? And for standard pistol, can I read all 5 shots?
With SCATT you have to go away from target to make another shot so in this case it is useless.
Kent
I know there are systems that can do that, but 5 extra targets = 5 extra sensors and no doubt = lots of money.

You'd probably need to speak to the manufacturers / dealers, to find out for sure.

Rob.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

RobStubbs wrote:
Reinhamre wrote:Is there a possibility to shoot rapid fire and have 5 targets on a NOPTEL unit? And for standard pistol, can I read all 5 shots?
Kent
I know there are systems that can do that, but 5 extra targets = 5 extra sensors and no doubt = lots of money.

You'd probably need to speak to the manufacturers / dealers, to find out for sure.
I could imagine the Noptel unit being able to do it as it just uses reflective targets. It would probably only need 1 sensor.

I will always however be worried about using the Noptel unit on a pistol. Compared to Scatt/Rika it's quite a monster. Unless you can remove something from the gun to compensate for the extra weight I would consider the training relevance and benefit to be limited.
Reinhamre

Post by Reinhamre »

30g versus 96g, some shooter are already adding 100g but you do have a point there! I have thought about another way of knowing how your 5-string shooting went, by simply recording on to a PC
Page 88 Art. 33.00.00
http://www.bersagliomobile.com/articoli ... 9_2010.pdf
Kent
pdeal

Post by pdeal »

I have now used all three. I owned a Rika for a few years, sold it, bought a Noptel. Now our club has a Scatt. My experience, for rifle, is that I like the Noptel much better than the others. The Noptel does not have wires down range. We have used it for live fire, very reliably in all lighting and all positions. I am new with the Scatt but have not been able to get it to work past 3-4 meters. Maybe pilot error, maybe our lighting. Also, with the Scatt all the unshootable hardware down range makes it not too favorable for live fire.
Rutty

Post by Rutty »

Also, with the Scatt all the unshootable hardware down range makes it not too favorable for live fire.
SCATT have gone some way to rectifying the problem:
I have used SCATT and RIKA and found them both similar in terms of setup to make them function. If your SCATT is not working in similar conditions to the RIKA then it could be a hardware problem.

Rutty
Sawyer

Noptel

Post by Sawyer »

I have used my Noptel for some eight years or so and can honestly say I don't notice the weight; never have. I have my air rifle at the weight max and my SB rifle at about 13.5 lbs. At those levels another few ounces is not material. in addition, I have used it to coach numerous juniors, and several have gone on to shoot at NJORC and on NCAA programs, and excel. Not one of them ever mentioned in training that they even noticed the weight.

Not to say it's impossible that someone might notice it. Perhaps a world-class shooter somewhere has made that distinction. But in my experience it has never been an issue. Just my .02.

Perhaps with an air pistol it might make a difference. I've not tried that.

~Larry
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

The weight difference on a rifle is not as big a deal as the weight difference on a pistol between the two systems.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

pdeal wrote:Also, with the Scatt all the unshootable hardware down range makes it not too favorable for live fire.
The scatt is fine for live fire, certainly airgun. And as Rutty pointed out they do do the new target systems for 25 and 50M.

I certainly favour the scatt for both my own shooting and when I'm coaching, but then that's the one I have and have used most.

Rob.