MP-438 upgrading of MP-35M

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
TB

Post by TB »

Thought this might interrest some of you:

MP-438 is the result of deep upgrading of MP-35M pistol, that previously enabled the
shooters of USSR / Russia teams to win 12 medals (5 gold medals) in World and European
competitions and championships and to gain two victories in the World Cup-fi nals.
The novelty satisfi es the competition rules for standard pistols and rapid fi re shooting.
New design elements provide reliability and good stability in shooting, namely:
- Slide shock-absorber to soften the recoil in a rearward position;
- Balancing weights;
- Rear sight is located directly on frame and remains fi xed at stripping;
- More gentle bullet slope in the chamber mouth and additional
lever help to improve the kinematics of cartrige
feed and to exclude sticking and damage of the bullet head.
In general, new sporting pistol “Baikal” complies with all up-to-date requirements for
this class of weapon and provides its owner with comfort shooting and great results.

See pictures here:
http://imzcorp.com/res_en/0_hfile_393_1.pdf
ruig

Post by ruig »

Twenty years too late.

Real state of IZH progress and many other xUSSR trademarks.
Compare Japan, USA, Germany and Russia.
TB

Post by TB »

LOL, good one:-)
Wiley-X

Post by Wiley-X »

Then again we have . . .

paulo

Post by paulo »

No side screws visible, it will make cleaning easier.
Better ramp for bullet feeding much welcome improvement for an already accurate gun. Almost all bullets get dented during feeding, just do a manual load unload for the five bullets in a magazine and check them afterwards.
It was their turn to take a page away from the AW93, slide shock-absorber, lets see how FWB answers to that.

Nothing about the compressed air gun, http://imzcorp.com/en/company/124.html , just a CO2 trainer, bummer.

"Since 2009, the marking of all IMZ products has changed from “IZH” to “MP”. For example, IZH-60 is renamed to MP-60, IZH-46M - to MP-46M, etc."
Wiley-X

Post by Wiley-X »

paulo wrote:No side screws visible, it will make cleaning easier.
Cleaning? Wazzat?

They'll have to add screws for the US market so we can stick our dot sights on top.
Leon

Post by Leon »

Just beautiful - I've already ordered one !
dino911

Post by dino911 »

Leon,

who / where have you ordered one from? price quoted ?

thanks
Dean
paulo

Post by paulo »

Lets hope gun parts stay the same, so spares become more readily available.
Leon

Re: MP-438 upgrading of MP-35M

Post by Leon »

dino911 wrote:Leon,

who / where have you ordered one from? price quoted ?

thanks
Dean
From the Baikal importer - Parabellum Imports in Melbourne. Ask for Jamie Stellini. No price quoted as yet as they are checking with the factory - but won't be too different from the IZH-35M - about $AUD 1100
dino911

Post by dino911 »

Thanks Leon

will look into it !
Wiley-X

Re: MP-438 upgrading of MP-35M

Post by Wiley-X »

Leon wrote:but won't be too different from the IZH-35M - about $AUD 1100
Wow! Even adjusting for the exchange rate, that's way more than I paid for my 35M.
paulo

Post by paulo »

You probably get a better reaction if you compare it to the FWB AW93 price, it looks this two guns, with the main exception being the FWB great trigger , are becoming very similar.
Fortitudo Dei

Post by Fortitudo Dei »

It looks good but I'm not holding my breath.
IMHO, Russian manufacturers still seem to be working to a near-Soviet model of production and appear to be unable to come to grips with the basic concepts of supply and demand (a point I've made before in relation to similar firearms). The designs are fantastic but the manufacturers continue to have slack quality control, batch-production methods means they are often unable and seemingly uninterested in meeting demand, and spare parts supply & back-up support are intermittent and unreliable. It is precisely these reasons that EAA stopped selling the IZH35m and our hosts, Pilkguns stopped selling the IZH46m - despite continued strong demand from US and international customers.
Not helping the situation is Russian government bureaucracy which makes exporting difficult.

If appropriately priced (which we know they can do) coupled with good supply, improved quality control and suitable back-up, Russian target pistols could easily become dominant in the market. They could introduce a whole new generation to target shooting (rather than just plinking) if new shooters could buy a new and improved IZH35 as easily as a lumbering, clunky Ruger MkII or MkIII at a similar price-point. I would be exceedingly happy to be proven wrong, but somehow I don't think this is going to happen.
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

Did anybody spot the new pistol at the World Championship? Just curious...

Alexander