Rifle stand

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

TerryKuz

Rifle stand

Post by TerryKuz »

At home, and in my league, we rest the rifle on a table between shots. I have the start of arthritis in my shoulder, so I thought I could get more practice with out discomfort by minimizing the lifting motion. So can anyone suggest a nice rifle stand for air rifle? Thanks.
jmkwyo

Post by jmkwyo »

Champion's Choice and Earnest Shooting both have nice ones. $!00 & 125 respectively championschoice.com and you can look bill earnest's phone number up on the internet, he is out of PA
Guest.

Post by Guest. »

Nice thing about Earnest products is he'll let you try it out to see if you like it or not and allows you to return in within reason (time and condition of course).

He's also got some really nice stuff and I've been using his products for over 15 years.

Matthew
ZD

Shooting Stand

Post by ZD »

I would have to say the Champions Choice stand is very nice and sturdy. Most of the people in our club use them. However, I have also seen a few people use the Bill Earnest one, and they look nice as well. Do not even consider one from Champion shooters, as it is a tripod base with 2 scope poles. It is not sturdy, and the hook on top means you have to lift your rifle off even more. I had one for quite a while, and eventually replaced the hook with a block of wood. Plus, when you take the rifle off the stand, you can see the stand wobble in the corner of your eye.
JSBmatch

Post by JSBmatch »

I made my own rifle stand from a microphone stand, it cost £25 from my local music store. I made up the other bits from parts I found in the shed.

It is adjustable for height and collapses down quite small for transportation.

JSB
AnthonyT

Post by AnthonyT »

I used a heavy duty cymbal stand from a drum set for a bit. Worked well and collapsed down to a very small size, easy to fit into my gear bag. They can be picked up inexpensively at used music stores and pawn shops.
BartP

For sale

Post by BartP »

Hi Anthony,

Since switching to just prone, I have a red Champions Choice stand I no longer use. I also have a pellet tray and a separate ammo box/bullet holder.

If you are interested, let me know. It's not new, but it's not worn either.

I'd sell it all for $75 plus shipping.

Bart
BartP

Post by BartP »

That note was meant for TerryKuz. Sorry. B
TomAmlie

Post by TomAmlie »

I made one out of an inexpensive (not too inexpensive) camera tripod. They've got a screw/platform built into the top, so it's simply a matter of fashioning a block of wood (with padding, ammo tray, etc.) and insetting a nut in the bottom for the screw to go into. Just make sure the pad (where most weight will be) is directly over the screw so you minimize the stress when you put weight on it. Perceived drawback would be that the legs of the tripod have a fairly "wide stance" (thank you Larry Craig). Good for stability, but may bother some. Collapses into very small package.
JSBmatch

Post by JSBmatch »

Tom

Thats why i used a Mic stand rather than a camera tripod. The legs on the mic stand only splay out at the bottom and do not interfere with your neighbour or get in the way of your own position.

JSB
gerhard

Post by gerhard »

Hi everyone
What is the internet site for "Earnest Shooting" ?
Thank everyone
Hello from France
jmkwyo

Post by jmkwyo »

There is no website, send me an email if you want a pdf of his catalog.