Beeman R7 for adult

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Beeman R7 for adult

Post by Guest »

Hi all,

My first post here; I'm 6'1" - will a Beeman R7 be "too small" for me? I'm just at the researching stage of target shooting and don't know squat. Will a smaller and lighter rifle be a help or hinderance? Thanks, todd.
Rover

Post by Rover »

I can answer this safely. I have two: one for myself and a shortened one for my very petite girlfriend.

These are delightful plinking or close range game shooters, but are in no way useful for formal target shooting.

Don't let this put you off, since they are great fun and a pleasure to shoot. Buy one and play.
jgrinolds

Air rifle

Post by jgrinolds »

If you are looking into starting target air rifle shooting you first need to decide if you are going to shoot sporter style or precision Olympic style. There is a big price difference between the two when getting set up. You can probable get started in sporter air rifle for $600 with rifle and equipment. Precision will be substantially more it will probably cost you $2000-3000 to get started with rifle and basic equipment. The sporter is a nice way to get into things cheaply and see if you want to continue in the sport before getting alot of money invested. A problem with sporter is that there isn't much competition opertunities if you are out of high school. If you are looking for a sporter target rifle start looking at daisy's target rifle line. If you want to go into Precision I would look for a used Anschutz, Feinwerkbue, or Walther air rifle with peep sights. If your not sure what you really want to do I would recommend finding a local shooting club that shoots air rifle and give it a try. Hope this helps and I hope this is the information you were looking for. Good luck!