Adjusting trigger on izh 46m

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
wolfpengap

Adjusting trigger on izh 46m

Post by wolfpengap »

I am trying to bring the trigger further back towards the grip. The screw that allows for that adjustment has a very very very shallow slot. It does not allow a lot of purchase. I just used some aerokroil on the tip of the screw to see if it will loosen it so I can undo it. I will wait over night to see if it makes it easier to undo it.

Does anyone have any other suggestions(ok no wise cracks about go buy an lp10) on how to get it undone?

Ok, you can make the crack on the Steyr or the Morinni as long as you have a real good suggestion in addition.

Gary

Post by Guest »

Be careful. I stripped the screw head out trying to loosen it on mine. Ended up having to drill it out.

I've read several people having the same problem on an IZZY.

I recall seeing someone suggest putting the IZZY in the freezer, but I don't know what that would do the seals.
wolfpengap

Praying not to have to drill

Post by wolfpengap »

Given my mechanical skills, I hope it will not come down to drilling. If so it will be off to the gunsmith. Are replacement screws readily available - if so where did you find them and what size is it.

Gary
corysimon

Post by corysimon »

I was able to use the supplied multitool to loosen my recently acquired 46M.

Cory
roostonu

Post by roostonu »

Make sure you use a screwdriver that fits just right. If your having trouble with a standard screwdriver, stop because once it's screwed up it's too late. A hollow ground tipped screwdriver will work much better with less chance of buggering it up. That means the flats of the screwdriver blade are parallel with each other and not at an angle to each other. It will bite the edges of the slot better and has less chance of slipping out and damaging the slot. The screw driver sets that come with a handle and several bits that I've seen in gun shops are usually this way.
jsealc21

izh trigger

Post by jsealc21 »

I placed a support directly under the trigger,only opposite the trigger screw itself,,allowing full purchase against a fully supported trigger.
wolfpengap

Update on moving the trigger back

Post by wolfpengap »

After taking all the great advice, as well as using a lubricant to try to free the screw - I gave up and took it to a gunsmith. He came back with he could not budge it either.

So - I guess I will have to go back to AZ Air and see what they can accomplish. bummer

Gary
byoung

Post by byoung »

I did the suport and well fitting bit. Also squeezed the trigger with a small visegrips. Then twisted and prayed.
Bob-Riegl

Post by Bob-Riegl »

Tolkach

Izh-46 trigger adjustment

Post by Tolkach »

You really need to use the multi-tool that is provided. I tried to adjust mine using a screwdriver and nearly stripped the head. The multi-tool fits the slot perfectly and will break the screw free. After the first time, you can use a regular screwdriver.
markbrumbaugh

Post by markbrumbaugh »

I was finally able to get even a jimmied screw out to move the trigger. I used a dremel and and fine bit and deepened the slot slightly. Then the correct gunsmith screwdriver, AND I tapped in into the screw with a small hammer. Next, needle nose vise grips, with the tips wrapped in tape to compress the slotted trigger slightly to take pressure off the screw. FINALLY!
toddinjax

Post by toddinjax »

Just in case you don't know, Pyramid sells an upgraded trigger than does not slant out like the original. It was recommended to me by a kind member here; It's great and only cost around $30.00