Richmond VA, International Pistol

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
PETE S

Post by PETE S »

Please reply if you are interested in attending these events:

Each year I check in with everybody to measure the level of interest in the International pistol shooting events you might be interested in attending. I will endeavor to hold events if I get a few participates for the possible dates.

All events will be held outdoors at Cavalier Rifle and Pistol in Montpelier, VA. The range is north of interstate 64, west of Richmond, VA.

Potential dates: (the second Saturday of each month maybe reserved for international pistol)

April 10, 2010
May 8, 2010
June 12, 2010 (potential conflict: this is the first day of the national championships at Fort Benning)
August 14, 2010
September 11, 2010

Matches:
Free pistol at 50 yards
Standard pistol on turning targets (25 yards)
Rapidfire pistol with an acoustical timer (25 yards)
Sport pistol and centerfire pistol on turning targets (25yards)

Thanks for your reply
Pete

cavalierip at hotmail dot com

Please forward to anyone you think might be interested in international pistol shooting
john bickar

Post by john bickar »

I'm interested!

(checks calendar; checks map)

Shoot, it's 2010, not 1998! I'm in Northern California, not Central Virginia!

Pete, glad to see you're running Rapid Fire matches with the acoustic timers. You probably know I'm a big fan of that method; the folks at Chabot Gun Club near me started running them like that last year.

I was going to buy another shot timer to help support that cause and then realized that there's a free Shot Timer App for the iPhone! I downloaded it but haven't actually tried it yet to see if it works but free is better than $150 (iPhone not included, offer may not be valid in your locality).

We have been working on refurbishing a turning target rapid fire bay at Sunnyvale Rod & Gun Club in California and are excited to get RF (re)started out here on the Left Coast.

Good luck!

JB
john bickar

Post by john bickar »

Er, just realized my enthusiasm came across kinda spammy. I have no affiliation with the SureFire ShotTimer app.

I am, however, pro-Rapid Fire :)
montster

In Richmond and Interested

Post by montster »

Pete

I would like to give these a try this year. Not sure I can make more than a couple of matches. Busy family.

Thanks.....Monty
Bill Poole

Post by Bill Poole »

I didn't see 10m AP on that list.....

AZ's number 1 air rifle shooter just changed jobs and is now in Richmond, do you all have an olympic style 10m pistol/rifle program too?

Poole
PETE S

Post by PETE S »

Unfortunately, we only have outdoor facilities at our club. There are AP matches within two hours of Richmond in Maryland and Newport News, VA. There are also some AR programs, but I am involved in pistol and do not follow those events. I do have contacts that would know.
Brandon E

Post by Brandon E »

Pete,

I am very interested in competing in the International Pistol matches at Cavalier.

Thank you!

Brandon