MORE Scatt prbolems

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

TannerG

MORE Scatt prbolems

Post by TannerG »

I got the first problem firgured out (i just had to play with the sensititvy). Now all the shots are low and to the left, I have tried everythign that i could think of to solve tthe problem, Natural point of aim, having my hips in line with the target ,walking the target, sight alinement ( indexed cheek piece),playing with the sensititvy even more, and rotating the sensor around the axis (barrel). I am up for any suggestions to fix the problem.
Anschutz

Post by Anschutz »

Click on one of the shots on the screen and drag it to the center of the target,this should then move the rest of the shots you make after to the center.Colin
Anschutz

Post by Anschutz »

Anschutz wrote:Click on last shot on the screen and drag it to the center of the target,this should then move the rest of the shots you make after to the center.Colin
edit (last shot)
cmj

Post by cmj »

Shoot one shot on the optical calibrating screen, close and go to sighters. shoot a 4 shot group, adjust sights taking all the clicks. Shoot 3 more, make any small corrections as needed, shoot 3 more to verify sights are on and go to record. Barrel shoots where you point it
Moving the last shot to the middle assumes that you can call your shot with some degree of certainty. That 8.5 should really have been a 10.5. By moving sights, can also verify that they are indeed working as intended.
Anschutz

Post by Anschutz »

If your group on the sighters are all low left, you can assume that is where the Barrel is pointing, dragging the last shot of the group to the center lets you center your group without using the sights.You then can then return to live shooting on your range knowing that you are still sighted in at whatever distance you last shot at.Just saves the hassle of playing about with the sights when using Scatt.Colin
GT

Post by GT »

We have been using a SCATT system several times a week for rifle training for more than 3 years. My suggestion is that you should not adjust your sights to move your sight groups. If you change your sights, then the next time you go to the range it will take additional time to get sighted in. The best way to adjust where the SCATT is showing your shots is to grap the last shot and move it to where you called your shot. Continue to do this until your shots are going on call.
jbshooter

scatt calibration shot

Post by jbshooter »

I have got a new scatt usb.
It's got an optical sensor adjustment facility which i haven't figured how to use.
When I had fired a match shot I tried dragging the shot to the centre but all this did was magnify the screen in that local area.
What is the calibration shot that I read about above?
In the paramters window there is a tick box to move all the shots to the centre of the target - is this to give the effect of moving your group to the centre instead of dragging with the mouse?