RUGER MKII FREE PISTOL GRIPS

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
askernie

RUGER MKII FREE PISTOL GRIPS

Post by askernie »

Does anyone know who may be able to modify or make me a set of free pistol grips for my Ruger MKII?

I was thinking maybe domeone could modify a current free pistol grip...

Help!

Thanks guys

ernie the eyeball
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

Because real free pistols are single shot, they don't have magazines. As a result, the grips won't work with a Ruger without major surgery, like cutting them in half & hollowing them out.

I believe both Rink & Nil Griffe may make orthopedic grips for the Ruger, which would get you close.
kanedal

Post by kanedal »

Rink makes ordinary "orthopedic" grips for Ruger, but they are no where near freepistolgrips. Because of Rugers construction they are not as supportive as grips for "normal" sport pistols like Pardini, Walther etc.
But maybe they can make you one, as a special order?
22big

Post by 22big »

Just for my curiosity, what if the ejected shell hits your fellow shooter next to you; will that cause some form of complain for Free Pistol event during the tournament?
ColinC

Post by ColinC »

Quite OK to use a semi automatic standard pistol in a free pistol event. You are free to use anything which fires .22 long rifle standard velocity ammunition. Only proviso is that you load it one at a time.
You used to be able to use .22 shorts but those days have gone.
john bickar

Post by john bickar »

22big wrote:Just for my curiosity, what if the ejected shell hits your fellow shooter next to you; will that cause some form of complain for Free Pistol event during the tournament?
It's all part of the game...
visitor

Post by visitor »

Ernie, there's a guy in Illinois I think, Dick Horton, who will make you just about anything you want. If it's not right I've known him to take it back for tweaks until it is.

Sorry - I long ago lost his contact info.