4-H Ammunition from ATK

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

jhmartin

4-H Ammunition from ATK

Post by jhmartin »

ATK (Federal/Champion) is offering qualified 4-H clubs some very nice Rimfire and Shotgun ammo deals.

There is 1.25 million rounds available for smallbore, and it appears to me that only about half-a-million rounds have been ordered.
You need to order the rimfire by Nov 25th, 2009

I've placed the documents on the VC4HSS website at:
http://www.vc4hss.com/_2010_Info/4-H_Ammo.htm
WRC177

Post by WRC177 »

Wow, nice price. I wish the CMP could cut a deal like that for our junior clubs.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

You know, they allocate the shotshell program for all types of junior clubs.

Since it looks as if all will not be allocated, if it was me, I'd call that Ryan Bronson and see if they would sell the unallocated to non 4-H youth clubs.
The worst they can say is no.

I'd order from CMP, but 6 month lead time just won't cut it. It's easier to pick up in the store when we are up there and haul it home with us
SRichieR

Post by SRichieR »

Pick it up or order from the CMP - if they have it. I understand that they ae filling orders placed before some date in September and are not accepting anymore .22 ammo orders for the time being.
Without this 4H/Federal deal I think we'd be throwing rocks by January. Prhaps we could just increase our budget and all shoot 10x. I hear it is available.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Sam .... if you depend on NRA grants as we do, you need to get in touch with your field rep and get his copies of the "MAXFILL" program.

This is a program of negotiated prices for supposedly "common" items that are purchased with grant money ... if you want it, and it's on the list, you'll be required to buy it from the NRA Maxfill program. I looked at vendor items and available quantities yesterday and was not impressed with either prices or available stock.

As it is now, our grants are not really for the current year, but I have to purchase items for the following year .... looks as this might get worse.

Good idea, but it appears that the homework is not being done to implement it properly .... I truly wonder how many FNRA grants purchase .243's and 30-06 rifles (and I know that all grants are not youth orgs ...)