Pardini HP Buffer - When to Replace?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Mark Briggs

Pardini HP Buffer - When to Replace?

Post by Mark Briggs »

I've been shooting the Pardini HP (.32 S&W Long) for a while now and am still somewhat surprised by the sharpness of its recoil impulse, even with quite light loads (1.5gr W231 under 100gr cast wadcutter). This sharpness of recoil has started me thinking about the condition of the internal shock buffer.

Does anybody have any feedback with respect to durability of the shock buffer and when it should be replaced? I'm also open to suggestions for replacement buffers (I know aftermarket buffers are available for the .22cal SP pistol). Of course there's always that last niggly little question... How the heck does one get at the buffer to replace it? BTW, my pistol is actually an HP-E with electronic trigger...

Thanks in advance for your well-considered replies.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Mine is an older HP and I replaced mine when I saw plastic pieces floating around the pistol. Maybe the material they used over the years changed, so I really can't tell you how long they will last. Way back when it happened, I called Don Nygord and he said I could probably replace it myself, but he rather have me send the gun to him for the repair....so he fixed it and its been fine since. I was shooting the HP a lot back then, but you have to wonder if they get brittle from age, or do they break from use....Mines a 2 digit serial #, so the material used in mine might have improved over the years.
Brian James

Post by Brian James »

Following up on the orginal poster's message, has anyone on here done or seen any ways to reduce the recoil of shooting the Pardini HP/HPE.

I suspect CISM shooters have tweaked the pistols to make sustained fire easier.

As well the life span of the recoil buffer would be great to know.

Brian
Brian James

Post by Brian James »

I emailed Pardini and they said the buffer should last aprox 10,000 shots.

Brian
Brian James

Post by Brian James »

I emailed Pardini and they said the buffer should last aprox 10,000 shots.

Brian