Target turner

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Ken O

Target turner

Post by Ken O »

I want to build a target turner and before I re-invent the wheel, I thought I would see if someone else has done it.

Its for my backyard range, I could run electricity out to the 25 yard line for the turner. Is there a control box that you could punch a 10 or 20 second button and it does its magic with a delay?
Ed Hall

Post by Ed Hall »

I used to build both, until the parts I used became obsolete. I haven't finished the redesign yet of either. I do have several DIY projects that you might be able to gain info from to build the turner. I would suggest using the Granger solenoid that's described in the 50 foot Rapid Fire target project if you can run power to it.

Check out both Do-it-Yourself and Other Projects at:

Bullseye (and International) Competition Things

Take Care,
Ed Hall
Air Force Shooting Homepage
Bullseye (and International) Competition Things
R.M.

Post by R.M. »

This guy makes very good timer/controllers. I have this one. http://www.targettimers.com/target_controller.html

Home page - http://www.targettimers.com/
Rowan

we have what you are looking for

Post by Rowan »

We sell a unit that is portable and would work well for your needs, and is not super high priced. We build it ourselves from stock parts. Designed by a retired firearms instructor who wanted to make training more accessible to small PD's. Drop me a note and I can send you info. to look at.
Pam
biga572

Post by biga572 »

I am currently building a target turner from Mr. Halls plans. Just waiting on a bearing and I will be good to go. I didnt have the range command box so I have went a step further. I have mad mine remote control so I dont have to run a cable back to the bench. I bought a remote controlled switch to start the cycle. I used 555 timer chips and transistors, and relays. When you turn it on I have a 5 second dely so you can put the remote down and take your stance. At the end of 5 seconds the motor turns on for 2 second and also starts the main timer. I used a switch on this timer to swap resistor values to select between 20 and 10 seconds. It appears to work fine on the bench. I had to oerder the bearing he used from Grainger so hopefully it comes tomorrow and by Good Friday I hope to be working on improving my TF and RF scores.
jtg

Post by jtg »

I did a similar turner as biga572 and used Mr. Halls design for the newest improved version. I couldn't find the timer and bought a CED7000 timer that gives great flexibility to setup timed, rapid fire or one and two shot drills or anything in between. It does need a cable which I put on a small extension cord reel I bought from the local hardware store. The interface between the target turner and the CED7000 required some circuitry that I put on a wire wrap board. I plan on getting a printed circuit board layout done in the near future to make it easier to build. The whole thing works great. If you are interested PM me and I can send you pics and schematics.
biga572

Post by biga572 »

I have had several emails about this target turner and after I took it to the range it works great. The remote control worked just like it should. I added a peice of music wire to help hold the cardboard in this Kansas type wind we have had for 3 moths now. If I was doing it again I would'nt change a thing..................well I might etch a board......maybe some more led's.................
Cones

Post by Cones »

Hi,

I built one using some off the shelf Arduino clone boards.

The details are here post 72 onwards.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread.php ... ject/page5

In Use.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNX9lLf4 ... rofilepage

I can email the code to those that would like to build one.

HTH

Mark