Megalink Electronic Scoring System

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Ernie Rodriguez

Megalink Electronic Scoring System

Post by Ernie Rodriguez »

Does anyone know of a dealer for this Megalink electronic scoring system?? Tnx
Razorback

Re: Megalink Electronic Scoring System

Post by Razorback »

Ernie Rodriguez wrote:Does anyone know of a dealer for this Megalink electronic scoring system?? Tnx
http://www.megalink.no/

Post by Guest »

Ernie Rodriguez wrote:Does anyone know of a dealer for this Megalink electronic scoring system?? Tnx

Mr. Martin Edmonson is the Megalink Representative in US for these systems. You can contact him at 719-3511135/ edmondson.martin at gmail dot com

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:
The Megalink electronic scoring system is used in its country of origin only. My impession is that the system is still under development. There have been some unexpected "downs" of the system during some important competitions.
Hope they will cussed in bringing the Megaling system up to the reliability of Scius Ascor and other reknown systems.

The Megalink is intended to become a low cost alternative to S.A.
TB

Post by TB »

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
The Megalink electronic scoring system is used in its country of origin only. My impession is that the system is still under development. There have been some unexpected "downs" of the system during some important competitions.
Hope they will cussed in bringing the Megaling system up to the reliability of Scius Ascor and other reknown systems.

The Megalink is intended to become a low cost alternative to S.A.
This is completely nonsence. The Megalink system is at least as good as Scius Ascor and others. It is used in other countries than Norway for sure.
Ernie Rodriguez

Electronic Scorer System

I was looking for an Electronic Scorer to shoot outdoor at 25/50 mtrs. I needed portability and use with a 12v battery and a laptop.I looked into some of the major brands, which are produced in Europe,and the price is almost comical. As a training tool/device I needed reasonable accuracy,decent software and I don't care if it is ISSF certified or not.Considering the price of electronics are coming down-and the Scatt System-which is similar(not identical)-is affordable-I ,as an individual, simply refuse to spend-in excess of $3,000 for a system like this-REGARDLESS OF THE REASONS!! If anyone has a used system that they are not using and would like to sell -contact me by PM. Tnx
David Levene

Re: Electronic Scorer System

Post by David Levene »

Ernie Rodriguez wrote:Considering the price of electronics are coming down-and the Scatt System-which is similar(not identical)-is affordable-
I'm sorry but it is nothing like the Scatt system.

The Megalink is an electronic scoring system. It calculates where the bullet/pellet has actually hit and gives you the result.

Scatt is an electronic training system. It knows where the gun is pointing and calculates where it thinks the bullet/pellet would have hit (as well as giving information on the period leading up to, and after, the trigger release). It has absolutely no connection with where the bullet/pellet actually hits.

They are totally different technologies and have totally different purposes.
Ernie Rodriguez

Electronic Scoring System

You are correct-the technology is different. I feel the final price,delivered to customer, is obscene
Steve Swartz as Guest

Post by Steve Swartz as Guest »

What would be great is a combination technology that gives you the benefit of the features of a trainier, with the actual shot value accuracy and precision of a scoring system.

$$$ + $$$$$ = $$$$$$$ (note the total cost is not striclty additive)

Steve
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Steve Swartz as Guest wrote:What would be great is a combination technology that gives you the benefit of the features of a trainier, with the actual shot value accuracy and precision of a scoring system.
That's easy Steve, you just hang a Scatt on the front of an electronic target. The problems are that you have to have 2 screens and the shots are rarely in the same position.

A few years ago the local TV company wrote a piece of software for the special knockout competition they held at the end of the Dortmund Masters match (I would guess 1999 +/- 2 years). For the few seconds before the shot they showed the Scatt trace and switched to the actual shot position from the Meyton target once it had been fired. It was split-screen so they showed the two shooters and their targets. I'm sure it wouldn't be beyond the wit of man to write a piece of software to readjust the position of the Scatt (or other) trace to end up in the same position as the actual shot.

From memory, that knockout competition was won by Nancy Johnson, beating Juha Hirvi (Finland) in the Men v Women final.