Yearly training program for olympic pistol shooter (AP/FP)

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Haleva

Yearly training program for olympic pistol shooter (AP/FP)

Post by Haleva »

I wonder if there is a good resource for weekly training plan for 4 sessions a week that covers all required training aspects.
I'm aware that different shooters require to emphasize different aspects based on there strong/weak points but I'm looking for a skeleton of a generic plan which will be used as a baseline plan.
The plan should include detailed description of the training session (the session purpose, the drills descriptions, periods etc).

I know that the resources for the building blocks are out there (numerous of different drills that works on diffrenent aspects), I'm looking for a reasonable construction of these building blocks that would make sense and will be productive.
Bob-Riegl

Post by Bob-Riegl »

You might try this resource and search for what you are looking for. I think you will find it here. "Doc" http://www.targetshooting.ca/
2650 Plus

Training plans

Post by 2650 Plus »

Steve Swartz can help. He is the best I know at developing such a plan and even though he and I have had some rather extreme dissagrements over shooting techniques he is a very skilled long distance coach and may be just what you are trying to find. Good Shooting Bill Horton
Stephen51861

Training Coach

Post by Stephen51861 »

How does one reach, Steve Swartz?
FredB

Re: Training Coach

Post by FredB »

Stephen51861 wrote:How does one reach, Steve Swartz?
Easy. Just make post to Target Talk stating that electronic triggers don't feel as good as mechanical triggers, and are unreliable to boot. Steve will contact you ;^)

FredB
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

Stephen:

Just PM me - the basics are pretty straightforward:

- You have a 4 year training cycle tied to the Olympic Quadrennial
- You have an annual training cycle tied to the competition schedule for the selection matches of your NGB
- You have weekly/monthly training cycles tied to preparation for specific events and desired outcomes

That's the "big picture." Within that, you have the individual training elements (physical conditioning, skills development, and match/mental process development) that you will "plug in" to the amount of resources you have available.

So now all you have to do is apply some general principles in how various activities are "loaded" against the schedule; e.g.

- Increasing training intensity leading up to big competition, with rapid tapering 3-5 days immediately previous (handled differently for different elements; ie drills vs practice matches)
- Decreasing emphasis on physical conditioning leading up to a match
- Increasing emphasis on process issues/mental conditioning as the match day approaches
- Maintaining a "balance" within the 1-2 week microcycle; in other words, while concentrating effort in one area don't ignore other aspects of skills development (just because this is your week to work on trigger control, don't forget to work on alignment and physical condition at the same time)

etc.

Steve
Stephen51861

Mech Trigger vs Elect. Trigger

Post by Stephen51861 »

Thank you for replying Steve.

I was not sure how I was going to get your attention as I have never used an electronic trigger, I would not have been able to speak in truths.

However, being in the electronics industry I find that batteries always seem to fail at the wrong time, but then again, is there ever a right time to fail?

Thank you,

Stephen