Why so few Feinwerkbaus?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Az_Speed

Why so few Feinwerkbaus?

Post by Az_Speed »

It seems that the brand has nearly disappeared here. There are a number of older rifles but nearly everything new appears to be Anschutz. I see posts from NZ and Aust touting the merits of the rifles so what happened here? I don't know that I've seen anyone with a FWB 2700 here in the U.S.. Were there quality problems with the brand, did they allow newer technology to pass them by or price themselves out of the market?
2650 Plus

Post Subject

Post by 2650 Plus »

Just a guess but FWB concentrated on air pistols and rifles while Deiter was concentrating on building rifles that would own most of the world records in small bore. Notice that 300 meter rifle was ignored as was air for a v ery long time. Because of laws and regulation passed by the victors in WW11 air was open for developement and sales while catridge rifles were not. Now FWB is producing a fine competition rifle but started very late in the small bore game and does not have the penetration in the US market enjiyed by the Anshutz. Good Shooting Bill Horton
peepsight

Post by peepsight »

Bill
You are so right about the WW-1 history, after WW-1 the Germans were banned under the treaty of V---- [forgot how to spell it] from making fire arms and powered aircraft.
The end result is, they make the best target air rifles in the world and the best gliders and they used both to train marksmen and pilots.

FWB air rifles and small bore rifles are very popular in the UK and Europe but Anschutz still have the largest share of the market probably followed by Walther but i heard FWB out sold Walther last year in small bore.
I don't think FWB's technology in small bore is lagging behind the others.
Peeps
pdeal

Post by pdeal »

FWB has never really had the support in the US that Anschutz has. Very few vendors selling them and very few sources of parts.
coolcruiser

FWB fan

Post by coolcruiser »

I think it is because no one in the USA knows how to spell FWB :>)
Actually, I am a FWB fan and have owned both air (P70) and SB (2602). When I bought the 2602 in 2003 there was no one in the US as official FWB distributor and no one in the US with any rifles in stock. I called a dealer in England that had one and imported it myself. No biggy, maybe three months wait for paperwork and delivery. very Happy with my gun...I especially like the features that allow adjusting the butt and cheekpiece without using tools.
CC
thevinoman

Post by thevinoman »

All I know is that I have an FWB P70 FT that has now taken over as my favorite gun from my Rapid MK II. Easily the most accurate I've ever owned.
enricovolante

Post by enricovolante »

hi,

over here (Switzerland) FWB is becoming quite popular due to quality/price ratio.
I owned a 2700 and I just sold it because it is quite nose heavy for me for standing shooting. A part from that it is a great rifle, now I'm purchasing the new 2700 light version which is almost a kg lighter
Roy Hill

Post by Roy Hill »

Simple math is another reason why so few FWB's.

I coach a college club team. We are on a limited budget.

Here's a current ad for a sale on FWB 700's.

http://www.pyramydair.com/cgi-bin/model ... el_id=1030

That's right, only $3395 in US Dollars. That's 14% off the regular price, and shipping is extra!

My club has five Anschutz rifles, four 8002 club rifles, and one 2002 in right hand.

Any two of our Anschutz rifles would be right around what one of the FWB's costs.

FWB's would be very nice.

Looks like we'd need to rob just a few banks to outfit the team with them....that and somehow avoid getting caught and put into prison.
1813benny

yowza!

Post by 1813benny »

Roy Hill wrote:Simple math is another reason why so few FWB's.

I coach a college club team. We are on a limited budget.

Here's a current ad for a sale on FWB 700's.

http://www.pyramydair.com/cgi-bin/model ... el_id=1030

That's right, only $3395 in US Dollars. That's 14% off the regular price, and shipping is extra!

My club has five Anschutz rifles, four 8002 club rifles, and one 2002 in right hand.

Any two of our Anschutz rifles would be right around what one of the FWB's costs.

FWB's would be very nice.

Looks like we'd need to rob just a few banks to outfit the team with them....that and somehow avoid getting caught and put into prison.
There are other vendors that are less expensive....

http://www.champchoice.com/prod-FWB_MOD ... -3238.aspx