Increase power of Daisy 888 air rifle

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

chattron

Increase power of Daisy 888 air rifle

Post by chattron »

Hello Guys
I would like to know if there is any possibility of increasing the power of the Daisy 888 rifle to make it shoot in 800 fps n above range.I want to use the rifle for general plinking in long range.I am quite new at such modifications so any detailed DIY advice will be welcome.Bye

Cheers.
BJ

Post by BJ »

I don't know a sure way of increasing the power without looking at it and taking it apart but someone on gatewaytoairguns.com would know. Its another forum I use and these guys collectively know just about everything there is to know about tricking out airguns.

hope this helps
Brian
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

This is problematic as the valve assembly on the 888/887 rifles is drilled & pinned at the factory. Even when they remove the valve, I've been told they have to make a cut to remove the pin which prevents the valve being used again

Also, there is an overpressure "pop-off" safety plug that would probably blow out if you were able to increase the pressure

I like the 888/887 for 10m ..... if you are looking at a FT type of rifle, maybe the new crosman is one to look at, from what I've been told you are able to adjust both the hammer spring pressure and the valve spring pressure to get it up in/near FT velocities.