rapid fire pistol, can the recoil jump help, should you cant

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
shooter0676

rapid fire pistol, can the recoil jump help, should you cant

Post by shooter0676 »

Can anyone tell me where the pardini jumps when firing rapid fire pistol. Do you need to really hang on to the pistol to minimise the jump movement. Which direction does the jump take the pistol. Is it better to cant the pistol to assist you in the transition between targets. Would really appreciate your comments
2650 Plus

Post Subject

Post by 2650 Plus »

Great question !!! Just my opinion but I think the answer may be "Different strokes for different folks". If there are enough responses we may develope a consensous but the best sourse may be Anderson as he comes off his gold medal performance. If My memory serve, me correctly , William McMillan At the London Olympics was the last American gold medalist in the RF event. Congradulations Mr Anderson, well done. Good Shooting Bill Horton
Mike Taylor

Post by Mike Taylor »

shooter0676 asked,"Which direction does the jump take the pistol."
Best answer: Watch it and see.
Look hard at the sights as the pistol fires. Why believe what others say when you can observe it for yourself?
shooter0676 also asked, "Is it better to cant the pistol to assist you in the transition between targets."
Similarly, watch it and see.
Try both ways. What then seems to work best for you?
Different shooters have different techniques.
That said, I expect you will observe, if you are a right-handed shooter, that the pistol will recoil (jump) up and left. I also expect that you will find cant is not significant - unless you change cant from one shot to the next. It is somewhat more difficult to make sight corrections if you have a pronounced cant than if you hold the pistol upright - even more so if your cant changes from one target to the next.
Mike T.
PS - I suspect Bill was referring to Keith Sanderson, not Anderson.
Spencer

Re: rapid fire pistol, can the recoil jump help, should you

Post by Spencer »

shooter0676 wrote:Can anyone tell me where the pardini jumps when firing rapid fire pistol...Which direction does the jump take the pistol.
It will depend on your grip and the design of the pistol grip, not on a make or model of pistol
shooter0676 wrote:Do you need to really hang on to the pistol to minimise the jump movement.
Maybe - this is a trade off between the recoil movement of the pistol/wrist, and the recoil movement of the pistol/wrist/arm
shooter0676 wrote: Is it better to cant the pistol to assist you in the transition between targets.
Maybe - suits some, doesn't suit others