Ten Ring Service (still in business)?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Guest2

Ten Ring Service (still in business)?

Post by Guest2 »

Hi All,

I have been trying to contact Steve Moore at Ten Ring Service for the past couple of weeks. I'm not sure if he's at a competition or enjoying a vacation.

I've used the following information from Anschutz's website but have not heard back.

Has anyone been in contact with him recently and know if he is still actively working as a Gunsmith?

Thanks,

Peter

Factory Service, Parts & Repair Center for ANSCHUTZ sporters and target line:

2227 West Lou Drive
Jacksonville, FL 32216
USA

Telefon:904 724 7419
Telefax:904 724 7419
eMail:10ring@clearwire.net
TWP

Post by TWP »

They had a phone message a couple of weeks ago that said they were out of town.

I finally got a hold of them once on the 4th or 5th, they promised me an e-mail with a tracking number for the items they were shipping to me. Never received the e-mail and haven't received the package. Haven't had any other luck contacting them.

Don't know what's going on. I seem to recall Steve having some health issues a couple of years ago, I hope they haven't returned. He's always been good to deal with in the past.
pjhoyles

Steve Moore, Ten Ring Service

Post by pjhoyles »

I regret to inform all readers that Mr. Steve Moore of Ten Ring Service passed away in the early hours of Wed June 10th 2009, after an extended battle with leukemia.
His daughter, Lisa is handling all business affairs and while there may be slow response to enquiries while arrangements for Steve are being made, I'm under the impression the firm still has technicians on hand and will continue in business, but the final say-so goes to Lisa Lovelace, please contact her at the business number.
- A friend
solid7

Post by solid7 »

I am reviving this topic, because I contracted 10 ring to perform some work for me well over a year ago. I have not gotten back my firearm, and all attempts to reach Lisa have gone unanswered. It is not like her to not return calls or emails. Does anyone have any information on 10 Ring? (or Lisa, specifically?)

Is there anyone in the Jacksonville area that can help me out with this? Perhaps pay a visit to the shop on my behalf?

Thank you.
PL

Post by PL »

Hmmm, that's strange, she and Tod were at Camp Perry doing lively business. (and fixed/checked a few things on my rifle at a decent price and speed).

Maybe try contacting Tod instead of Lisa, they are at different addresses according to their business cards:

Tod Utter, Gunsmith
1837 Birdsong Rd . Thomaston. GA 30286

Lisa Lovelace, President
2227 W Lou Dr . Jacksonville. FL 32216
10ring "at" clearwire "-dot-" net
solid7

Post by solid7 »

PL wrote:Hmmm, that's strange, she and Tod were at Camp Perry doing lively business. (and fixed/checked a few things on my rifle at a decent price and speed).
Thanks for the info.

I have been trying constantly to get ahold of her at the shop number and her cell number for about 6 months. Normally, she gets right back to me, so I was beginning to get worried that she had closed shop, moved, or was enduring an illness.

If you happen to know where she is physically at, perhaps you could pass on the message that someone is looking for her. (check her emails/phone messages) I have an Anschutz 54 in her shop for a re-barrel.

Thank you again.
PL

Post by PL »

Sorry, I can't add any more than what's posted. I only see them at Perry in July. Maybe calling Tod's number can get you closer. Hope all is well with them, but as you pointed out, it is odd.
solid7

Post by solid7 »

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate you taking the time...
solid7

Post by solid7 »

Just an update:

I have emailed/called both numbers. No response from either. I have noticed that the voicemail at Ten Ring has changed MULTIPLE times since I started leaving messages - which is no less than 3 per week for the last 6 months. (Even calls to Lisa's cell are being ingored) There is just no way that my attempts to reach Ten Ring are going unheard. I have not had any falling out with them - we have always been on good terms.

Somebody, PLEASE help me understand what is going on here... I just want to get back my firearm. (in the shop there for way over a year, and still unsure if the work is finished) I have NO IDEA what is going on, and there must be someone out there who can shed some light on this. I don't want to elevate this situation to something unfriendly, but I am getting a bit desperate. I will exhaust all avenues possible before risking a good working relationship.

Thank you in advance for ANY help you can give.

Post by Guest »

unfortuantely your expereince is not unique, and is perhaps why Anshcutz made new official repair stations, Gartland and Pilkington
solid7

Post by solid7 »

If my experience is not unique, how does one go about resolving it?
GOVTMODEL

Post by GOVTMODEL »

Unfortunately, this is the kind of thing you contact BATF to resolve.
solid7

Post by solid7 »

That is a pretty radical solution.

I believe that I will send a certified letter this week to the shop before travelling down that road. But ultimately, maybe that is what I will have to do.

If anyone else has a suggestion, feel free to PM me.

Thank you.

Post by Guest »

Did you or did you not contact Tod Utter as a previous poster suggested? Contact info in that note. He helped me several years ago when I experienced a similar problem

dl
solid7

Post by solid7 »

Anonymous wrote:Did you or did you not contact Tod Utter as a previous poster suggested? Contact info in that note. He helped me several years ago when I experienced a similar problem

dl

Per my previous post - I DID attempt to reach him also...

Any chance you might PM me, and help me understand what I am dealing with?

Thanks.
solid7

Post by solid7 »

Just got a callback from Todd this AM... Thanks to the person who gave that info. We will see where it goes from here.

Thank you all again.
solid7

Post by solid7 »

It saddens me to say that I can no longer recommend Ten Ring service in good faith to anyone, for any reason. The last year has been one big fiasco. It has been pure irresponsibility and neglect on their part, and my trust has in this company has been irrepairably breached.

Thank you for everyone who has helped. I have FINALLY received word from the owner(s). And I definitely didn't get the response that I was hoping for. However, knowing is better than nothing...

Post by Guest »

So they refused to return your rig that you sent for work?. Is that NOT theft?
GOVTMODEL

Post by GOVTMODEL »

Definitely time to contact BATF to resolve.
solid7

Post by solid7 »

No, after having to resort to calling Todd, (whom I didn't even know existed before all of this - I know the owner personally) I finally, after 8 months, got a contact from Ten Ring. It wasn't a phone call, it was an email. Basically, it was a bunch of excuses as what has been going on - none of which passed muster, I might add. And let's face it, no matter what is going on in your life - excepting death itself - you are never in a position where you, or someone on your behalf, can't give a courtesy call to your customers with whom you are actively engaged.

So, anyway, I proceeded to express my dissatisfaction, (politely) and then requested that, no matter what level of completion the item was in, that it be returned. I even gave a change of address, as I have moved since this all started going down. That was 2 weeks ago. NOT A PEEP SINCE THEN. You would think that after a year of holding merchandise, and almost 9 months of zero contact, that a person would feel a bit ashamed, and try to resolve the problem. Instead, I am back to receiving the quiet treatment.

Lesson to all (current or potential) entrepeneurs out there - I WILL NOT BE IGNORED! Anyone who brings you their merchandise and money in good faith must be held in such.

This is the damndest situation, and I don't pretend to understand for a minute what is going on. However, I strongly recommend that nobody do business with this company, as I have learned over the last week or so that I am far from the only one who has, or is currently, going through this same ordeal.