laser training

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

laser training

Post by Guest »

i've been looking into an electronic trainer such as Noptel or Scatt for a while now but i don't really have the money to spend on something like that right now. I heard someone at a tournament talking about laser training. does anyone have any information about this?

Correction

Post by Guest »

i was talking about using a laser pointer
gandalfpc

training with laser

Post by gandalfpc »

This refers to using a laser aiming device as a display of your hold area - used to build confidence in your hold.

simply attach the laser to your pistol or rifle and do some dry fire on a target - you will see both where your hold area is (and how small or large your range of motion is) - you can also see any movement created when you pull the trigger.

I tried this and found it of limited use - best used to do a quick check and get an idea of hold area rather than to spend extended time practicing with (as the laser on target is distracting and takes your concentration away from your sites)

I think it would be best used if the laser was aligned to point BELOW the target, so that it is hidden from view by the gun itself when sighting, and placing a device below the target that makes a tone when hit by the laser light - this should operate in the same way the device originally created by the russians worked (precursor to electronic trainers today)

a simple light operated buzzer should be easy to slap together from a child's electronic set, it is almost always one of the first learning projects in those kits.