Air Arms S200T in Sporter Air Rifle

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

DaFont

Air Arms S200T in Sporter Air Rifle

Post by DaFont »

Hello,
I've read the equipment specifications for Sporter Air Rifle from the CMP. It seems that the Air Arms S200T would meet the criteria as long as the but plate and cheek rest are not adjusted during completition. Is this accurate? Specifications for the S200T may be found at: http://www.straightshooters.com/Air%20A ... arget.html

Has anyone participated in sporter air rifle with an Air Arms S200T? I have a friend that is interested in purchasing one to participate in a sporter air rifle event.
Thanks
DAF
L Moore

Post by L Moore »

Yes,I think its a close copy of the Daisy XSV40...I have had more then my fill of sporter matches but anything less then the T200 or the old Daisy 40 is not giving a kid a fair chance......L
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

The buttplate must always be centered.

Cheekpiece can be adjusted and then must be kept the same the entire match.

(As an aside the Air Arms MPR in the sporter configuration is legal in NRA (sporter) matches, but not in CMP (3-Position Air Rifle Council) matches)

Note that the 3P sporter record was set & tied by a Daisy 888 with stock 888 sights
sakoarms

Post by sakoarms »

I guess I don't know if it will qualify as a sporter with the adjustable cheek and butt plate. I understood that it would not qualify, but I will leave that to those who know. My boys shoot the sporter version. (no adjustment on cheek or butt plat, but other than that same rifle) The rifle is very accurate and very capable of competing in the sporter division. Hard to beat for the money.
gunnery

Post by gunnery »

Pat McCoy

Post by Pat McCoy »

Only the T200 with Non-adjustable stock is on the approved list for 3P air SPORTER competition.

Rules are available on the CMP website.
L Moore

Post by L Moore »

I stand corrected ,i did not look at the link but assumed that it was the T-200 the poster was inquiring about ..However after 4 years of 4-H sporter shooting i stand by my statement,,either use a T-200 or a Daisy 40..I had heard the 888 held the record someplace before..My guess it was a good one and the shooter was great and had been trained very well.......L
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

The CZ S200T is the exact same gun that Diasy imported and sold as the XSV-40.