Air Rifle Sight Riser Blocks

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Nosy

Air Rifle Sight Riser Blocks

Post by Nosy »

Are sight riser blocks legal for air rifles under ISSF rules? I was under the impression they were not, but saw many shooters using them at a recent competition.
xcrunner8k

Post by xcrunner8k »

center line of barrel to center line of sight may be 60 mm max., usually you can put up to about 30mm of extra rise from normal height.
methosb

Post by methosb »

Sure are my sights are on stilts :)
Soupy44

Post by Soupy44 »

I have a centra duo front sight with the 20mm Anschutz riser blocks and the 8mm anschutz blocks. That put my center to center distance at 58.7mm. I' plan on getting some more riser blocks this weekend at Palmyra to ahead and get that last smidge of height. But I'm 6'2" and need all I can get.
Jordan F.

Post by Jordan F. »

On my air rilfe I have the factory FWB riser blocks plus additional Gehmann adjustable riser blocks. CTC distance is about 59mm which is needed for my longer neck. Definately legal for ISSF as mentioned, just as long as they are within 60mm on the front in air rilfe.
peepsight

Post by peepsight »

Word of warning with very high sight raisers. The higher the sights are from the barrel centre line the more consistent your cant needs to be from shot to shot. Just a couple of degrees of inconsistency with your cant can move the impact point on the target quite a lot.
So use your cant checking bars in the fore sight tunnel carefully.

If you are close or on the 60mm limit of height, look at adjusting the stock butt and cheek piece for a better head position behind the sight.

Peeps
maestro

Post by maestro »

peepsight wrote:The higher the sights are from the barrel centre line the more consistent your cant needs to be from shot to shot.
This is a common mistake, but so far I know, the canting error depends only on the canting angle and the bullet drop, and it has nothing to the sight height.