Feinwerkbau 700 Alu

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

pfxsys

Feinwerkbau 700 Alu

Post by pfxsys »

Can anyone tell me when the Feinwerkbau 700 Alu was first released to the public?

Has there been any recall notices issued for the Feinwerkbau 700 Alu?

Has the design of the Feinwerkbau 700 Alu changed since its release?

What should I consider when purchasing a used 2003 Feinwerkbau 700 Alu?

Thanks in advance.
azuaro

Post by azuaro »

Dear pfxsys,

There have been absolutely no recalls for any of the FWB 700's...

The stocks are what make these guns different…. All of the 700's (Aluminum, Universal and Basic) are MECHANICALLY IDENTICAL up to the very last screw and the differences are only cosmetic.

The Basic has an aluminum color cylinder while the Aluminum's cylinder has the color of the rifle, The Universal has a Blue cylinder. I have a Red Aluminum and a modified Basic and know this for a fact…

There was a minor change (cosmetic) in the forearm of the aluminum somewhere in between 2007 and 2008, the forearm used to colored with holes and the later model has a solid colored forearm with no holes...NO MECHANICAL CHANGES whatsoever.

A 2003 Aluminum should be as good as a 2008-9 aluminum assuming that the rifle has been taken care of. Since there is no wear in the barrels of pellet guns, the most likely parts requiring maintenance are the seals and "O" rings which are very cheap and easy to change (overhaul kit is less than $40.00 and takes about 1/2 hour or less to do it and it costs $30.00 just for the rifle)

If the rifle has no dents at the tip of the barrel (where the pellet exits the barrel), if it has not been taken apart (look for marred screws) and if the seals are OK (no air leaks)...You should be fine and just make sure that the rifle has no major damages of any kind…

Believe me, wearing off Air Regulators takes many thousands of shots and years of use and if your rifle leaks air it is most likely going to be a $30.00 problem.

My only advice will be NOT to mess around with the recoil mechanism because it is not necessary and because it is very easy to get in trouble if you dont know what you are doing.

Best regards,

Azuaro