Pistols used in the Beijing rapid fire match

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
jankuno@uci.net

Pistols used in the Beijing rapid fire match

Post by jankuno@uci.net »

Since the 2005 rule change new types pistols were required. What models did the top shooters use in Beijing rapid fire match?
GOVTMODEL

Post by GOVTMODEL »

Lots of Pardini's on the line.
jankuno

Post by jankuno »

What did the gold medalist use?
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Khaidurov KhR-76
jbshooter

Post by jbshooter »

Were there any Walther SSP's on the line - this question from someone who has just purchased one....
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

Tycho wrote:Khaidurov KhR-76
Golly, I'm going to have to get me one of those so I can shoot in the Olympics.
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

I've googled it...not a thing...anyone know any more ?
j-team

Post by j-team »

Does anyone know if Khaidurov has made any progress in with the possible new pistols?
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

as for deadeyedick, I have spent an hour or so googling for information.

how sad that the gold medal winner in RFP seems to have nothing more (in the english language) than the Olympic releases and various attempts to 'rewrite' that release so that it looks original.

Given that as all Olympic Finalists pass through the 'mixed zone' to exit a Final, did nobody interview him AND publish the interview???

For the unitiated, a mixed zone at an olympics is set up SPECIFICALLY so that all the finalists can be interviewed by the media - they have to exit through the mixed zone.

Spencer
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Somebody finds out where some Khaidurov pistol's can be bought, give me a shout...
Kari

Post by Kari »

Klimov shoots with Benelli MP90S World Cup pistol.
Look at ISSF TV championships 2008 world cup final bankok rapid fire men.
Last edited by Kari on Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jipe

Post by jipe »

jbshooter wrote:Were there any Walther SSP's on the line - this question from someone who has just purchased one....
There were two in the 25 women final Gundegmaa OTRYAD (silver) and Munkhbayar DORJSUREN (bronze).

Gundegmaa OTRYAD had problems with her SSP during the final and probably lost gold due to these problems (she end up the qualifications with 5 points of advantage on Ying Chen and 3 on Munkhbayar DORJSUREN and was leading before the problems with her pistol).[/list]
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Ekimov uses a IZH-35, and I think Stoukachev, too (Final WC Milano). Aliferenko has some pistol that looks like the famous .32 Bulldog. Bondaruk has something that pretty much looks like a -35, but I'm not sure about that, could be a derivative. And I wouldn't exactly classify Schumann's pistol as "Pardini", it's more like a giant absorber with some Pardini parts attached :-) There are other pistols around, too - I remember a Finish guy using a Tesro, Jorge Llames of Spain and Thibaut Sauvage of France using Matchguns, Rene Vogn of Denmark shoots a AW93, Pupo of Cuba a GSP. So, not all Pardinis, although of course there are a lot of them.

PS: I wonder how Klimov managed to tune that trigger - all Benellis I have seen so far have a overall trigger travel miles long...
imbecile

Post by imbecile »

Gold medal winner O.Petriv in Beijing used Haidurov made HR-79, but alot modified. Silver&Bronze German medallists respectively R. Schumann and C. Reitz used (most probably) Pardini. The rest finallists L. Ekimov IZ-35(shortened barrel), K. Sanderson - Walther SSP, R. Bondaruk - IZ-35.
j-team

Post by j-team »

Didn't Sanderson shoot a Pardini?