Rika or Scatt to shoot live pistol match.

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
LesJ

Rika or Scatt to shoot live pistol match.

Post by LesJ »

I would like to shoot live air pistol matches at home at reduce distance. I know they were not designed to be used to shoot matches, but I am looking for informal /training type match.I would like to know which sensor is smaller, lighter so it will have less negative afect on my shooting.Which software will do better job for: reduce distance, live shooting, keeping track of the score.
Any additional information that will help to make my decision.
Thanks in advance.
Les
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

The latest Rika sensor without the fixing is 41g, the Scatt is 30g.

The Scatt will work fine for live AP shooting at 4-12m. I don't know about the Rika but would imagine it should.

Both have quality software.

Both are quality products.

Providing you can live fire the Rika then both will do what you want.
RobStubbs

Re: Rika or Scatt to shoot live pistol match.

Post by RobStubbs »

LesJ wrote:I would like to shoot live air pistol matches at home at reduce distance. I know they were not designed to be used to shoot matches, but I am looking for informal /training type match.I would like to know which sensor is smaller, lighter so it will have less negative afect on my shooting.Which software will do better job for: reduce distance, live shooting, keeping track of the score.
Any additional information that will help to make my decision.
Thanks in advance.
Les
These systems are not electronic targets or scorers and are not ideal as a pure score based system. They will give you an indication of score but it will not be 100% correct. But there is so much more to both systems and if used properly they are very powerful training tools, and I would suggest your shooting would benefit far more from using them in this capacity than using them to captures scores. They can of course capture scores at the same time though !

Rob.
kanedal

Post by kanedal »

Being so lucky that i had a chance to test them both over some period of time i decided to buy the Scatt myself.

The Scatt is somehow more modern with red/green light like on electronic targets and for my needs (AP and .22LR) this was a big advantage.
The Scatt is (my opinion) easier to set up and to use. I use it for both AP and for training the rapid fire stages of a match.

I guess any of these would be more than capable of taking care of your needs, just a matter of what you like the most.
LesJ

Post by LesJ »

Thanks for all information.One more question, since Scatt is useing laser doesn't laser point shows on the target and possibly destruct attantion to sight aligment?
LesJ

Post by LesJ »

Reading Rika's specs made me belive that Scatt uses laser, but I guess it uses infrared same as Rika. That would eliminate problem that
I raised in previes reply.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

LesJ wrote:...but I guess it uses infrared same as Rika.
Correct