AP Matches

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
jak10x1

AP Matches

Post by jak10x1 »

Hi Shooters, when having a AP Match. How and who do Women compete with when they shoot 40 shots , when the men shoot 60 shots. Can they shoot 60 shots or are they limited to 40 shots and 1HR and 15 min.

I general how does it work with women shooting only 40 shots?

Thanks, John
Spencer

Re: AP Matches

Post by Spencer »

jak10x1 wrote:Hi Shooters, when having a AP Match. How and who do Women compete with when they shoot 40 shots , when the men shoot 60 shots. Can they shoot 60 shots or are they limited to 40 shots and 1HR and 15 min.

Thanks, John
At an ISSF Championship the Womens and Mens events are scheduled at different time, i.e. there is no problem.

At many other competitions, both start at the same time, with:
- the 10 minute, 5 minute and STOP commands for the 1:15 event preceded by "for the Womens event only" or something similar
- the Women are instructed to quietly leave the (opened) pistols on the bench and retire from the firing line until the completion of the Mens event
- after the Mens event is completed, trigger checks are done, the pistols cleared for removal, etc.

At competitions at the Olympic range here in Sydney if the Men and Women are on the same relay we normally leave a few bays beteen the Womens bays and the Mens bays.

Hope this helps

Spencer
Fred Mannis

Re: AP Matches

Post by Fred Mannis »

jak10x1 wrote:Hi Shooters, when having a AP Match. How and who do Women compete with when they shoot 40 shots , when the men shoot 60 shots. Can they shoot 60 shots or are they limited to 40 shots and 1HR and 15 min.

Thanks, John
We just had an AP60 PTO at our club. One of the participants brought his daughter who shot 60 shots along with the men and I sent her score on to USAS. If you check out the USAS rankings you will find a number of women listed in AP60 and in Free Pistol.
Nano

womwns and man match

Post by Nano »

In my country, we dont have a lot of people in matches.
All the womans are 4 or 5 in competititon.

Men and women start together.
At 1hour and 15 minutes, commissioner of the match verifies that women have fired 40 shots, all of them continue firing 20 more shots and complete 60.
The women, all in one competition, have their first 40 shots for the championship of women and all 60 shots for the competition of men.

Nano
Misny

Post by Misny »

At our NRA Approved matches, we have all competitors, including women and juniors fire 60 shots. We give awards for the high lady and high junior. If we ever get to the point where we get several juniors and women competing, I suppose we could have them shoot a 40 shot match. We try to accomodate, so if a lady or junior wanted to shoot a 40 shot match, I'm sure we would allow them to do so. So far, everyone seems to be fine with the 60 shot match. We hold an international air rifle match concurrent with our air pistol match, but we encourage the rifle shooters to shoot on the second relay. We don't have retrievable targets nor electronic targets.
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

So the women get to compete in the 40 shot match and 60 shot match . . . may I assume that men can win teh 40 shot match also?

Do you all have a 40-shot: Top Man and Top Woman plus a 60 shot: Top Man and Top Woman?

Or just a 40 shot: Top Woman plus 60 shot: Top Man or Woman?

I think I lost track of something somewhere . . . we have a MAP @ 60 shots and a WAP @ 40 shots.

Why are the women shooting 60 shots again?

Are the boys winning 40 shot awards?
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

And will USAS accept my Sport Pistol scores?
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

Steve Swartz wrote:And will USAS accept my Sport Pistol scores?
Have you tried?

I found what appear to be two men's names in the USAS Sport Pistol on-line ranking.
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

Hmm Fred it wasn't really a rhetorical question . . . apparently the answer is "yes!?"

Now I need to find a MD who is willing to send in official scores under the "wrong" gender (maybe I need to get a new USAS number under "Stephanie?).

When did the rules change?

Again, not a rhetorical question.

We had a big flap over transgender shooters a year or so back (the rules on how you qualify as a "man" or "woman" after gender-reassignment procedures is actually somewhat err "interesting" as one can imagine).

The controversy was mainly over men trying to "cheat" by shooting as women.

The issue of women shooting as men is substantively less of an issue?
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

What usually happens in the UK is that women are allowed to shoot an AP40 and an AP60 concurrently (for a small extra charge).

The British Pistol Club is holding a competition in January including 2xAP40 and 2xAP60. Only the first of each will have a final. Only women will be allowed to enter the AP40 matches. Only men will be allowed to enter the first of the AP60 matches. The second AP60 match will be open to all.
BPBrinson

Post by BPBrinson »

Steve, I will send it in under wrong gender at our next PTO, only if you shoot in drag, Hawiian print. Pictures included.... Everywhere!

Brooks
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

Brooks:

Thanks buddy- apparently your "proof of gender" requirements are a little more restrictive than the IOCs!