84e battery condition???

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
PETE S

84e battery condition???

Post by PETE S »

So how does one know when to change the battery in your Morini 84e or any other electroic trigger?

Yesterday, I was trying to shoot a FP match, and was unsure for a while if the trigger was functioning properly. Yeah, I know it is pretty definite because the length of pull is short etc. But I could dry fire quite a few with out incident, but live fire was a different story and most shoots it seemed to be fine. The little test light came on when I pressed the little button by the on-off switch.

I changed batteries and the uncertainty went away.

But how can I definitely test before the match starts? Perhaps a small volt meter?
David Levene

Re: 84e battery condition???

Post by David Levene »

PETE S wrote:So how does one know when to change the battery in your Morini 84e or any other electroic trigger?
I know that there are big cost and availability differences but on my 162EI I change the AAA batteries twice per year, before each of 2 major meetings here in the UK. I know that my pistol is used so little that I could probably miss out a couple of the changes without any problems but, as you indicated in your post, changing them removes the uncertainty.
Fortitudo Dei

Re: 84e battery condition???

Post by Fortitudo Dei »

PETE S wrote: But how can I definitely test before the match starts? Perhaps a small volt meter?
Hold down the test button while dry firing several times. The LED should dim for an instant with each trigger pull and then quickly come back to full strength. If it seems sluggish to return from its dim state, you might want to replace it. Testing the battery using a volt meter is a little tricky as you really need to test the battery under load. If the battery is removed from the pistol and tested, it may show near full-strength yet be well below its optimum power. The difficulty in testing it under load is that under normal operation, the battery is only loaded for a fraction of a second each time the trigger is pulled.