TOZ trigger adjustment

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Faisal Yamin

TOZ trigger adjustment

Post by Faisal Yamin »

Need some advice on the trigger adjustment on the TOZ 35M.
Right now the trigger is very light but there is no movement, meaning It goes off when I rest my finger on it.
I dont' want to increase the weight to much but need some movement in the trigger so I can rest my finger on it with out it going off and then start to squeeze.

Can I any one guide me how to do this? I have looked at the TenP files.
FredB

Post by FredB »

Faisal,

I've tried adjusting triggers on several different FPs so that they had a little roll (it sounds like that's what you want), and it never felt right. It seemed that the very low weight caused me to be very conscious of feeling slight irregularities in the sear. You can adjust the TOZ sear to give some roll, but it may not feel smooth to you, depending on the individual gun, of course. I found that it was better to simply increase the weight enough so that I could put my finger on the trigger and gently start pressing. The slight amount of "give" in my finger pad provides a sensation of movement.

HTH,
FredB
Tom Amlie

Screw behind the trigger

Post by Tom Amlie »

The screw behind (to the side of and behind) the trigger controls this. Turning the screw counter-clockwise will increase the amount of travel.
Faisal Yamin

Post by Faisal Yamin »

Thanks guys, I increased the weight a little and it helped, I will find out more when I get the proper grips.
Thanks again.
pilkguns
Site Admin

Post by pilkguns »

The purpose of the long bar on the Toz 35 is to be able to adust the trigger to about any extent desired. By reshaping the cam point under the longbar, you can create a long roll trigger that is still very light. THIS NOT AN ADJUSTMENT, but a modification as filing and stoning are required so if you get it wrong there is no going back except with a new part, and toz parts of any sort are rare as hen's teeth these days.
Ed Hall

Post by Ed Hall »

pilkguns wrote:The purpose of the long bar on the Toz 35 is to be able to adust the trigger to about any extent desired. By reshaping the cam point under the longbar, you can create a long roll trigger that is still very light. THIS NOT AN ADJUSTMENT, but a modification as filing and stoning are required so if you get it wrong there is no going back except with a new part, and toz parts of any sort are rare as hen's teeth these days.
I know Scott is much more knowledgeable than I am, but I had a very long and very light trigger setup on my TOZ a few years ago, which was accomplished through adjustment only. I'm not near the gun right now, but next time I am, I will try to reconstruct the method I used to create the long travel and post it.

The reason I moved back to the method described by the TenP files is because I began staging the trigger. Now I have just enough weight as to not fire, but no extra travel.

Take Care,
Ed Hall
Air Force Shooting Homepage
Bullseye (and International) Competition Things
Faisal Yamin

Post by Faisal Yamin »

Thanks Ed, Good to hear from you.
gunnery

Post by gunnery »