Jason Turner on National Public Radio

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
timk

Post by timk »

I just listened to a 4 minutes story about Jason Turner's award of the bronze medal in MAP in Bejing. If you go to WBHM.org and click on TOP Stories you can replay the story along with the interview with the soft spoken Turner.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

It's such a shame that he might be remembered as the person who won a bronze medal because of a doping disqualification.

In reality he should be remembered as one of the best 3 legitimate performers on the day. He earned the medal by right.

edit note: medal colour corrected
Last edited by David Levene on Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

Wasn't it a bronze?- Great just the same
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Anonymous wrote:Wasn't it a bronze?
You are, of course, correct. My apologies.
bicohen

Post by bicohen »

David is right, of course, but ANY positive NPR story on the shooting sports -- in fact, any story at all -- is a major victory.

BC
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

No asterisk next to his bronze.

He earned it fair and square.

I couldn't think of a nicer guy, humble competitor and hard working, to end the drought in Men's Pistol medals for the US Team (last men's pistol medal Silver earned by Erich Buljung in Seoul?).

Just because some hoser tried to cheat his way onto the medal stand takes nothing away from Jason . . .

. . . who knew the "unecessary shootoff for fourth place" was actually the tie breaker for Bronze?!?

IT AIN'T OVER TILL IT'S OVER!