ESP butt plate?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

WarWagon

ESP butt plate?

Post by WarWagon »

Does anyone have any photos of or opinions on the ESP butt plates?

I recall seeing them years ago, but can't remember what they look like, nor do I know if Ernest has made any changes to them over the years.

I have an 1813 with the factory buttplate (not the fixed hook, the adjustable one), but it just doesn't do the trick. The newer style Anschutz hooks fit my shoulder perfectly a few years ago when I was shooting in college, but with prices as high as they are, I'd like to avoid that if possible. The MEC and Gemini buttplates are just out of my league price-wise right now.
EdR

Post by EdR »

I use one for prone. It's basically a simplified version of a mec, with a few less adjustments. The top and bottom parts of the buttplate can move up and down along with adjustments for their angles. The hook assembly can rotate back and forth, but the hook itself isn't adjustable. I hope this helped[/img]
Junior Coach

Post by Junior Coach »

I have pics but file size is too big. These are good for young/new shooters and they're on our team owned 1903s. But for an 1813, get the Anschutz buttplate.
WarWagon

Post by WarWagon »

Thanks for the heads up. If the top and tail don't have any independent angular adjustment, then its probably not for me. The MEC is really ideal for me, but I just can't afford it. Maybe I can find an Anschutz take-off somewhere.