rules on female dress

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

hank2222

rules on female dress

Post by hank2222 »

ok here my problem i am dateing a women that her and her girl is both of them whats to geting into 10.meter standing air rifle
but here the problem they are pentecostal her grandfather who she liveing with has no problem with me takeing them to local matchs and leting them shoot sometimes but the problem he has is the pants under the skirt
her mom and her would like to shot shooting in matchs but we have
have to find the rules on dress code for shooting in matchs only jacket and skirt and shooting boots on when shooting
they both where floor lenght skirts when shooting in local garden match that me and my friends put on sat afternoons for fun
both have a shooting jackets and gloves and boots
they each have a walther lg 300jr air rifle with all the access items they
could ever want
i i see a picture with girl with a skirt on shooting somewhere on this website
the girl is 9 years old if she get into the school rifle team could there be a problem with her dress
i would like to know
hank2222

part two

Post by hank2222 »

the girl has a lot of talent there just need someone to guide and tap into the talent i have taught her as much as a could useing what i know for the military useing the brass method as need
but i would like get her into a good program with coach and other items for would be good starter area to go onto better shooting schools
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

The religion doesn't allow them to wear pants at all, not even if they wear a skirt on top?

Even the strict fundamentalist muslims wearing Burka's can wear shooting pants underneath.

I guess you'd have a few choices

1) shoot without shooting pants and except the performance consequences

2) hope the the ISSF changes the rules and stops the use of pants

3) accept the fact and don't shoot thats the price you pay for practicing that religion

4) find another religion.
hank2222

pants

Post by hank2222 »

ok i did not know that they wear the pants under the full length bukas
i have to talk to him about that
what iam trying find is the rules on dress and take it to him and show him the basic rules and photos about the middle eastern women shooting in there bukas
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Here's all the rules

http://www.issf-shooting.org/rules/english/rules.asp

Here's the technical rules for rifle

http://www.issf-shooting.org/rules/english/rules.asp

Yes you are allowed to wear burkas and light skirts and such over top of shooting pants.

I'll see if I can find the some photo's for you.
Last edited by Richard H on Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
hank2222

they are part of the ones that

Post by hank2222 »

they are part of the ones that do not cut there women hair and wear dress down to there below there knees
she wear a ankle length dress bottom for pe in school
if i could get the grandfather to let them wear pants under full length ankle dress skirts
he has no problem with them shooting matchs
the problem is along as they live under is roof they have to live by his rules
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

I'm aware of what you're talking about, I live in Mennonite country.

The problem finding the photos is that most of the ISSF photos are of finals and I can't think of any of the middle eastern countries that even have come close to being in the finals.

Is it possible to talk to the Church leaders and see if they could get special permission to wear pants in this particular set of circumstances. What would happen if these women went to work in an environment where they had to wear pants for their safety? Or is it a moot point as they aren't allowed to work outside the house?
hank2222

part three

Post by hank2222 »

her grandfather is the pastor of the church so they have to live by the standard that he sets forth
but i have talk to him about this morning dureing morning break and i think he is comeing around to the idea about where a full length dress over the pants way he was thinking was the pants showed under the dress
i am going to talk at lunch sat morning and we are going to talk about the idea
for a girl that been shooting only about three months she has taken to it like a duck to water
a couple of weekend ago the weather here out in the valley was killer
the temp was in the 100..dregee mark when where shooting in the back yard of my buddy who has the informal range that we where useing the kid was shooting in the heat and beating all of us on points in the match
she was slow and steady with shooting
with all this the range in open to the rear with no ac typle just a covered typle overhead and np side walls it a bare bones open to the weather typle range with the range set up for 10..meter rifle or pistol shooting
even in the heat with jacket with long skirt typle dress and shooting boots
she was calm cool and collect when the heat was getting to us
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Good luck I hope it works out.
Fortitudo Dei

Post by Fortitudo Dei »

This seems an appropriate thread to insert a couple of stunning photographs by Alexandra Boulat from a series looking at Muslim women of the Middle East and Afghanistan. They were published in Winter 2006 edition of the art-photography magazine, Aperture. These two were taken in Tehran. Check out the awesome sight-picture-entrance to the range (though I would have preferred more of a sub-6 hold myself...)
Attachments
images 1.jpg
images 2.jpg
hank2222

dress

Post by hank2222 »

what we are going to do is make a dress that goes to the ankles and has as a pair of shoulder braces stapes to help hold the unit in place dureing shooting
they are back in tx right now getting ready to move when i come home in a couple of months for the this job out here
Freepistol

Post by Freepistol »

FD,
That is an awesome sight picture entrance! That picture must be to confuse the other competitors into thinking that is the required sight picture ;>)
Ben