Pardini .32 center fire, old model advice.

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
LukeP

Pardini .32 center fire, old model advice.

Post by LukeP »

I found an old version, seems a Pardini MP .32, something like 10 or more years old for few bucks: 1/5 price Pardini HP New.

Is there some issues with this old version?
Are spare parts mostly interchangeable with lastest version?
Is a problem mayor maintenance, like magazine, or slide?
Finally is worth the price for competing quite seriously?

Thank you,
best regards,
LukeP.

Attached a pics, i think the pistol is like this, pardini MP.
From what is different from the following version, pardini HP, is only exterior differences?
Fortitudo Dei

Post by Fortitudo Dei »

Those "go faster" racing stripes on the newer HP models are actually reinforcing strips to help prevent a frame-cracking problem that happened with some MP's. My understanding was that this tended to occur with shooters who primarily used hotter factory-loaded ammunition. This was particularly the case in certain countries where the reloading of ammunition was illegal and ISSF shooters (often State-supported) used nothing but factory ammo.
Personally I would fully inspect the pistol before purchase. Do a field-strip and closely inspect the frame (especially around the mag-well) for any sign of hair-line cracks or fractures. Consider using a magnifying glass or loupe. If you can identify any cracks, stay away.
If it all checks-out OK and you do decide to purchase, use only low-powered hand-loads. I know someone who has owned an MP for years who loads 1.3 grains of WST with a 100 grain WC projectile and he has never had an issue with cracks.
william

Post by william »

You might want to confirm this with Larry Carter (if you're in the States), but I believe virtually no critical parts are interchangeable between the one you're looking at and what's available today. I owned an MP several years ago and sold it when I found the trigger would not hold its settings. After 2 or 3 matches it would let off well under 1Kg
Alexander

Ammo question for older Pardini-Fiocchi MP .32

Post by Alexander »

Since I would not handload for a .32 S&W WC, what factory ammo would be considered as similar soft / mild for a problematic pistol such as the Pardini-Fiocchi MP ?

Many thanks,
Alexander

Post by Guest »

Fiocchi ammo has always worked well in the Pardini's I have the same mode and have been lucky not having it crack. Parts are still available, but the barrel has a different shape than the new one. The internals are still available-except the bolt.