Cost of rebarrelling?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

WarWagon

Cost of rebarrelling?

Post by WarWagon »

Actual barrel cost aside, what can one typically expect to pay to have a rifle barrel installed in an Anschutz action? Rough prices for both pinning it vs. threading the action and barrel would be greatly appreciated.
B.T.Carstensen

Post by B.T.Carstensen »

Lilja charges $25 to install a 2013 barrel but they say that you can do it yourself.
http://www.riflebarrels.com/products/an ... arrels.htm

Brian
WarWagon

Post by WarWagon »

Wish it were that easy for me. This is for an 18xx action, not the drop in style barrel.
1813benny

rebarreling cost

Post by 1813benny »

To thread the action for an 1800 series Anschutz and install a barrel should be about $150 to 200.

If you are rebarreling, get the action threaded...it's worth it IMO.

Where are you located and what 'smith are you thinking of using?
Jordan F.

Post by Jordan F. »

Probably around $300 or so. As you mentioned, if you do go this route get your barrel threaded. Will provide a much stronger support. Lilja would be a good route to go - as would benchmark, douglas, hart, borden, etc.

Might try benchrest central forums for this question. Many people on there have rebarreled their anschutz 18XX guns.
laxratnd

hey

Post by laxratnd »

yeah i would say around 200-250 depending on who you go with. I was going to it to a 1800 until i got a new 1900. But any of the good barrel makers should work for you. I was thinking about cutting my 1913 barrel down a little but havent met a smith i could really trust around my area.
My barrel is a 26 inch but i just wish it was like a 20 inch.

But i would recommend getting like a 20 inch barrel and putting an extension tube on it. The balance is so nice.
WarWagon

Re: rebarreling cost

Post by WarWagon »

1813benny wrote:To thread the action for an 1800 series Anschutz and install a barrel should be about $150 to 200.

If you are rebarreling, get the action threaded...it's worth it IMO.

Where are you located and what 'smith are you thinking of using?
I'm not sure when/where I'll have it done. I'm in Houston right now, but work will be moving me in 6 months or so to Baton Rouge, LA, originally from CT, but went to college out in PA, so its free game at this point.

I will almost undoubtedly be going Lilja. I shot a 21" Lilja contoured barrel in college glass bedded into an aluminum stock, and it was one of the most unreal rifles I've ever had the pleasure of shooting. I will likely go 21" again (as mentioned, it was balanced perfectly), but without the contour, as I use a wooden stock now, and it will make my bloop tube options easier down the road. Right now the full length original 1813 barrel is still on there, and it just can't hold the groups I need it to anymore. Granted, it's got well over 100,000 rounds through it between myself and the previous two owners.
laxratnd

hey

Post by laxratnd »

Yeah i have a full length 1913 stainless barrel right now. I dont have that many shots through it but i am a big fan of the shorter barrels. they just sit so nice. i want to get mine cut down soon but not sure if theres a good gun smith around my area. Maybe ill just send it to lija to get a new barrel put on. Also want to have it glass bedded as i shoot with a wood stock also. I wanted to get it done before perry but dont think that will happen. Just not sure if its worth to cut the barrel down right now.

lax