GSP for Rapid Fire

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Alex L

GSP for Rapid Fire

Post by Alex L »

In the Munich World Cup competition, a Cuban competitor named Levris Pupo was 3rd in Rapid Fire. He was using an old Walther GSP, which looks like it had a weight or some other attachment fitted near the front, under the barrel. Did he have a compensator or just a weight?

Has anyone tried to make some sort of attachment to their GSP to limit the jump in the barrel? If so, can you tell me how much weight etc.
or any other modification you have made to your gun.

Thanks, Alex L.
jipe

Post by jipe »

He is a pretty good shooter and was also in the final at Rio Do Janeiro.

I do not know what he modified on his GSP (it seems heavily modified) but having used a GSP Expert for a while (recently replaced by a Morini CM22M RF) I can say that:
- the GSP Expert has quite a lot of muzzle jump and the normal GSP also.
- in factory condition, it is already an heavy pistol

=> so I do not think that you can simply add some weight because it would either make the pistol too heavy (the GSP Expert weight about 1200g depending of the grip and the maximum allowed weight for a RF pistol is 1400g) or wouldn't really reduce the muzzle jump.

A second issue is the trigger: I think that it should also be modified to make it usable for RF (so that you do not need to fully release the trigger between shots).
David Levene

Re: GSP for Rapid Fire

Post by David Levene »

Alex L wrote:Did he have a compensator or just a weight?
Certainly not a compensator (as most of us would understand it), they are not allowed.
fsmte

Re: GSP for Rapid Fire

Post by fsmte »

it is not a compensator, therefore the current rule does not allow use of this accessory. one is about one against weight. it can to verify that it is an old GSP, that read sight of dislocated aiming also stops backwards and the front sight, to give the 22 prescribed cm.