FWB P40/P44

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
scerir

FWB P40/P44

Post by scerir »

It seems that one can set the weight of the *second* stage between 80 and 300 grams. At least, this is what one can *read*. But, on my P40, I can set that *second* stage weight at 160 grams *maximum*. So, is there something wrong? Thanks,
-Serafino
trigger

trigger must hook up properlly

Post by trigger »

The only two causes I may see for this are:
- spring needs exchange.
- trigger adjusted too crisp. Adjust screw a few degrees of rotation only, to make the trigger hook up more firmly. A bit less crisp trigger, but not with creep, no.
The owners manual instructs you how/which srew(s) to turn.
scerir

Post by scerir »

trigger,
Thank you. The trigger point is good, not too short. I'm inclined to think they are wrong when saying (and writing) that the second stage weight can reach 200 grams or even 300 grams. Yes, the other reason would be that the spring is 'broken', but it is almost new.
-Serafino
CROB

Trigger adjustment on P40

Post by CROB »

I have the P40. The 2nd stage can be adjusted over a very wide range and at least 300gm (possibly higher). Do you have the screw all the way in and it still is under 300gm? Or will it the trigger not cock?

When you say the "trigger point is good" do you mean sear engagement?

Take it to a competent gunsmith.
scerir

Re: Trigger adjustment on P40

Post by scerir »

CROB wrote: The 2nd stage can be adjusted over a very wide range and at least 300gm (possibly higher). Do you have the screw all the way in and it still is under 300gm? Or will it the trigger not cock?
When you say the "trigger point is good" do you mean sear engagement?
Thank you.
Yes, with the screw all the way down I get 160 grams, more or less, (it is enough for me), but I did not understand why. Yes, the pistol is working properly, and the sear engagement is ok. Now I know that something is broken :-)
-Serafino