Trigger adjustment on LP 300XT

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
GVJOHN

Trigger adjustment on LP 300XT

Post by GVJOHN »

What does the adjustment called "trigger power" mean? I think I understand the other adjustments, trigger pull, slack, stop, and sear engagement. The manual just says "anti-clockwise to increase the power and clockwise to reduce it". Is this a velocity adjustment?

I'm new to air pistol and this is really enjoyable, wish I would have started many years ago.
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

I'll try to translate "Walther English" to "Real English", with references from the LP300 Operating Instructions manual...

Trigger Pull (b) = 2nd stage trigger weight
Trigger Slack (c) = 1st stage travel
Trigger Power (d) = 1st stage weight
Trigger Stop (e) = 2nd stage over-travel (regulates length of trigger travel after sear has been tripped)
Sear Engagement (f) = self-explanatory, but be VERY careful if you choose to play with this adjustment. Generally this is what we would refer to as a "don't touch" adjustment.

Hope this helps!
Raymac

Post by Raymac »

Walther has always used the term "trigger power" to mean trigger weight The adjustment screw "d" is for the weight of the first stage trigger pull as measured with a trigger weight or stress gauge. Walther's translations for trigger and sight adjustment have always been a disaster and very misleading. They need to hire someone who can speak English!! Not only that, I think their English instructions for adjusting the first stage weight are backwards..... They say "turn anti-clockwise to increase the weight and clockwise to decrease the weight". I think it is just the opposite.....If you check out the French, German and Spanish translations on Babblefish you will find they all say "turn left to lower the weight and turn right to get higher weight".....what does that tell you?. In my experience I have found that the only way to be able to properly adjust these triggers is to study the geometry and try to understand exactly how it works. If you do this you will see that it is an excellent concept and you will be able to get any kind of trigger feel that you like.....without the need for a manual..... Good luck.