Morini cm84 after shot feeling

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Haleva

Morini cm84 after shot feeling

Post by Haleva »

Just got me new Morini cm84.

One strange feeling I had (which was never felt during shooting with my old Toz) was : after the shot break I felt a shudder. It was a feeling similar to a tense cord vibrations for a several tenths of seconds.

I hope I managed to express my feeling in words (it was not an easy task to pick the words...)

Any idea, or similar experience ?
Mike Taylor

Vibration

Post by Mike Taylor »

From your description, I had a similar sensation when firing my Morini CM80 SC. I assumed it was an harmonic vibration of the barrel and/or the weight rod beneath the barrel. There is no weight rod on a CM84, though, is there?
M.T.
shadow

Morini

Post by shadow »

I have moved my sight base flush with the end of the bbl and have not experienced any vibrations. Are you using the sight base or a compensator?
Haleva

Post by Haleva »

I'm not using compensator.
Francesco

Vibration on CM 84E

Post by Francesco »

The part that you feel vibrating is the trigger guard in steel, but because people wants more weight there we have not replaced with plastic
Avi

Post by Avi »

Thanks Francesco,
Is there any way to stop it from vibrating ?

What is the reason that the vibrations occours to one shooter and not to another ? is it related to a certain pistol ?
Francesco

Post by Francesco »

You can insert a plastic ring between trigger guard and pistol
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

Haleva:

Please accept the following remarks in the spirit in which they are offered- not as a criticism but as an observation perhaps?

In what way does this perception affect the delivery of the perfect shot?

- Does it disturb your alignment?
- Does it interfere with your trigger control?
- Does it disturb your mental follow through as the shot is released?

In my humble opinion it may be that you are allowing something meaningless to occupy your mind and distract you from what really matters.

Then again, if obsessing over this phenomenon (which I myself have never noticed) is interfereing with your ability to focus on the fundamentals, by all means trade the gun in for something more comfortable.

I have never noticed (or even heard of anyone else noticing) what you are referring to; perhaps because I (everyone else) am concentrating on something else at the time?

I would rather have everyone else onthe line with me focusing on delivering the perfect shot . . . than to have them thinking of anything else. For real.

Steve Swartz

[p.s. I still laugh out loud during service rifle competition in reaction to the "SPROING" of the AR-15 recoil spring design in my ear. However, while I love my M1A I would rather put up with a giggle fit than the negative side effects of the 30-06 Beast.]
Haleva

Post by Haleva »

Hi Steve,

I never claimed that this phenomenon disturbed my performance.
I simply noticed it and I was interested to understand why it happens (for the case that it indicates some kind of failure in the pistol or some other alert....)

I only shot 10 rounds with my new pistol and I'm very excited to conduct a real practice session in the range (I did already a few dry fire training sessions at home and I realy love the feeling of the pistol)

No it does not disturb my alignment.
No it does not interfere with my trigger control
And I think it will not influence my mental follow through either.

I already put this issue behind me looking forward for some live action that will verify my good feelings during the dry fire sessions.
Aw jeez...

Post by Aw jeez... »

Steve Swartz wrote:Haleva:
Then again, if obsessing over this phenomenon (which I myself have never noticed) is interfereing with your ability to focus on the fundamentals, by all means trade the gun in for something more comfortable.
"Obsessing"? You must have been reading the special secret unexpurgated version of the post!
Fred

Post by Fred »

I have owned an 84e for quite some time, during which I have experimented with sight radius, and added and subtracted weights to fine tune the balance. The gun came (used) with a weight system attached to the trigger guard, so that has been tried as well. In a few of the configurations I tried, there was a pronounced and unpleasant vibration felt as the shot fired. It never influenced my scores that I was aware of. However it definitely influenced how much I wanted to train live fire with the gun!

So, Haleva, my advice would be to shoot the gun for a while and get it set up to your liking. The vibration may disappear as an incidental result of your set-up changes. If it doesn't, then you could try Francesco's remedy. But, since we're doing this for fun, there's no reason it should be unnecessarily unpleasant.

HTH,
FredB
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa, Mea Maxima Culpa . . . again it appears that (at least in my case) the semantics of the message (my "attitude") does quite frequently negate the message itself . . .

Put a different way

First post

"Hmmm. I never noticed or ever heard of this vibration issue. Has anyone else?"

Several messages later

"This does seem to be a rare phenomenon. Do you think it might affect your shooting performance?"

Several messages later

"Doesn't it seem likely that if you are paying attention to (noticing) this phenomenon your concentration isn't as focused as it should be?"

In retrospect, that's probably the way I should havre tried to get my point across.

I apologize for my rudeness. I swear, it isn't intentional. One of the problems with communicating in this medium is that the receiver is only seeing the text part of the message, and none of the body language, facial expresssion, etc.

On the other hand, since communicating this way is apparently not my strong suit (I should never blog I guess) perhaps I should do less of it!

Steve
Haleva Avi

Post by Haleva Avi »

No harm was done, Steve

I did not take your response in the wrong way at all, I fully understand that it came from a good place (from the pure shooting technique perspective).

I guess that the fact I'm not a native english speaker also contributed....
blue62

Post by blue62 »

To Steve (and all)

As mostly a lurker here at TT... I have read many of your posts.
I not only wish I had even a small amount of your insight. but that I was able to express it as well as you do.

I think your semantics and attitude come across just fine.

Also didn't realise you were a rifle shooter I thought you just did pistol.
Showes how much I pay attention.
jbshooter

Post by jbshooter »

I got my new CM84E yesterday. Can't wait to shoot it later today. It has test target shot with Lapua Midas L - I thought this was normally a smallbore cartridge used in rifles. Is Lapua Pistol King used for free pistol or is it more for semiauto use. Thanks in anticipation of some fedback or advice....
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

Companies label (or "brand") certain loads as being "Rifle" (slower burning powder and/or heavier bulletweight) or "Pistol" (the reverse).

However, particularly for 22 LR, these differences are not necessarily binding with respect to the performance of the round per se.

Many 22 LR "Rifle" brands will work great in pistols and vice versa.

Various brands/tyupes/lot numbers within the 22 LR round are particularly (shall we say) "preferential" to a specific barrel/chamber much more so than a particular make/model of gun.

Steve