balance board

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

brandon maloy

balance board

Post by brandon maloy »

i was just wondering what the average dimensions for a balance board (rocker board) would be.
2650 Plus

Balance boards

Post by 2650 Plus »

I'm not sure there is an average size for a balance board. I use a 4 x 4, 2 inches longer than my foot. and round the bottom from end to end with a belt sander. I have seen a picture of one made out of a 2 x 4 in the same manner, but prefer the way I made mine. It ain't rocket sience, Just grind away until it works for you. Good Luck and Good Shooting Bill Horton
glewis4252

Balance Boards

Post by glewis4252 »

Hi,

I'm not too handy but I make a set by starting with an 8 inch wide board. I cut off two lengths a little bigger than the biggest footed kid . Then I cut a two inch slice from each side. Then, I use a skill saw to cut those 2" slices into a half moon shape. I glue the two half moons together then glue and screw them to the bottom of the two 4" pieces. Usually, I then have to sand a little on the bottoms because I'm crappy with a skill saw. They work fine and last forever. My fastest shooters know they have the balance boards waiting for them and some even slow down a bit to avoid the boards.

Grant