air pellets

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
sagara

air pellets

Post by sagara »

Could you pls explain me how the weight of the pellet effects.
Is it not good to use a hevy pellets .53grm for a new pistol.
is it damaging the barrol.
what is the best weight to use for competitions.
Rgds
sagara
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Lead pellets won't damage the barrel, however heavy they are. Some guns work better with heavy pellets, others prefer lighter ones. The best ones to use are whatever ones your gun prefers and the only way to find that out is to test it. Pragmatically most pistol shooters choose the brand and exact size the test groups were shot with, or at least the same size.

Rob.
sagara

Air pellets

Post by sagara »

Thanks Robbstubbs..
I am shooting Styer LP 10. usual available in our country R10 .53 grm.
sometimes we get Final match .50 gr. difficalt to do testing because these are not in the market in our country.

Thanks
Rgds
Sagara
RobStubbs

Re: Air pellets

Post by RobStubbs »

sagara wrote:Thanks Robbstubbs..
I am shooting Styer LP 10. usual available in our country R10 .53 grm.
sometimes we get Final match .50 gr. difficalt to do testing because these are not in the market in our country.

Thanks
Rgds
Sagara
I would then make the choice based on availability then. Choose whichever brand you can get more often and stock up on them. Also pick the right size since both pellets come in 4.48, 4.49, 4.50, 4.51 and 4.52mm - they should be identified on the underside of the tin and outside of the sleeve of 10 tins.

Rob.
millsbomb

Pellets/Shot

Post by millsbomb »

This might surprise you, try shooting Gamo .177 Round Shot.
I ran out of pellets the other day for practice so I shot 20 rounds of round shot on my usual 10m indoor range, really just to see how much difference different pellets make. Good shots went in the 9 & 10 and the bad ones in the usual places.

Bob,
Member BPC.
air pellets

Post by air pellets »

Thanks for all the comments..

sagara