Scholarships/Sponsors??

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
TenX

Scholarships/Sponsors??

Post by TenX »

Does anyone know of scholarships and or Sponsors for competitive shooting?
Hey Guys,
I am 16 years old and i like to shoot the free pistol and air pistol competitvley. I have competed in the NRA Team Nationlas and i will be going to the National Junior Olympics for a second time. I also have competed in many other matches small and big. All the traveling that has to be done to get into the National level is very expensive. I tried looking up scholorships for shooting but couldn't find any. Does anyone know of any and or Sponsors?

Thanks for the help!!!
-TenX
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Your best bet is to get yourself into your local press and then use that to sell yourself to local industries. You need to do the self promoting and leg work to raise the interest and money, but you should be able to get sponsorship that way. As for scholorship I haven't a clue, but I would guess some of the colleges award scholarships for talented athletes / shooters.

Rob.
John C

Post by John C »

Are you looking for someone to pay for college, or to support your shooting?

If the former, then I know that the University of Utah pistol team has scholarships. From what I understand, there are one or two other universities that have varsity shooting teams with scholarships. Try the University of Virginia. Of course, all of the service academies have active shooting teams.