Walther still producing GSP's ("base" model, not E

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
MSC

Walther still producing GSP's ("base" model, not E

Post by MSC »

My understanding was they were no longer made, replaced by the GSP Expert. However on Earl's site, they appear to have them.

I called and got the reply of yes, they still make GSP's. But afterward realized, I should've been more specific as to Expert versus "old style".

Perhaps just a lot of leftover's, as he's one of the larger U.S. distributors???
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

They only make the expert, but the only difference is the barrel with the recoil absorbing mechanism.
Mike M.

Post by Mike M. »

Slightly different frame, too. The area under the second finger has been relieved somewhat.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

I'll clarifiy the parts from the GSP Expert all fit the the regualr GSP's (unless they are really old) except for the barrel with the absorber (the locating pin is in a different location (but the top unit on the Expert is still drilled to except the older non absorber equiped barrel).

That said the original question was do they make the original GSP anymore, the answer is no.

Oh yea the mags have blue base plates intead of black too.
rrpc

Post by rrpc »

I thought the barrel was 9mm longer as well. 115mm instead of 106mm.