What brand pellets do you guys like the best

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

laxratnd

What brand pellets do you guys like the best

Post by laxratnd »

Just wondering what brand pellets that you guys like the best.
EdR

Post by EdR »

I use a tested lot of vogel 4.49 for my walther, but I know one person whose fwb makes unusual holes with vogel so he switched to rws with no problems.
guest1

Re: What brand pellets do you guys like the best

Post by guest1 »

laxratnd wrote:Just wondering what brand pellets that you guys like the best.
Why do you ask? Do You have a bunch of pellets to ell?
laxratnd

Post by laxratnd »

I was just wondering what everyone likes, thats all. I really need to do some testing of pellets in my gun. Might just see what pellets they used for my test target because its a nice one whole group.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Bulldogs.
B.T.Carstensen

Re: What brand pellets do you guys like the best

Post by B.T.Carstensen »

laxratnd wrote:Just wondering what brand pellets that you guys like the best.
My FWB P-700 really likes H&N FINAL MATCH 4.50mm. But it hates H&N FINAL MATCH 4.49mm so that is also one thing you need to look at (what size your gun likes)

-Brian
WarWagon

Post by WarWagon »

The heavier R10's always shot best through both my 601 and my Walther.
WaltherWill

Post by WaltherWill »

well, if youre looking for someone to tell you which pellets to buy... well, don't. The individual gun is what makes the difference.
Pellets are really cheap compared to .22 ammo so you should just about buy a tin (500) of every kind available to you (in every size as well) Now that will prolly leave you with upwards of 15 different pellets to try so just start shooting groups off a bench/vice, whichever you want to call it.
Measure them with some sort of calipers. If these arent available i found an easy way to test is by dropping a pellet onto the group hole. Youre looking for group that the pellet will not fall through on its own. Yes it happens, and if it doesnt, that group is probably not the best. Then buy like 10 tins of the stuff that works best and request the same lot number (normally on the bottom of the tin) for the purchase.

You'll be set for maybe more than a year and youll be alot more confident in you equipment and wont have to worry that its the gun-ammo combo making those nines.
If the "buy everything" approach is too expensive or seems like a waste of money/effort then i suggest the following brands to focus on (some available through Champion's Choice in the U.S.).

RWS (definately R-10, maybe the Meisterkugeln)
H&N Finale Match (I think walther uses this in their test groups. the Walther name owns H&N i believe)
Vogel (Pilkguns not Champion's Choice)

I think youll be safe avoiding the Champion's Choice brand pellets. We couldnt get them to shoot well in any gun in any size in any lot, always a clover leaf.

Either way, make sure what you end up using, you wont think it was the wrong choice when you're shooting that match.
laxratnd

hey

Post by laxratnd »

Walther will.

By no means was i trying to get someone to tell me what pellets to use. Ive been doing this for a long time and i was just wondering what pellets people like. I know that every gun is different and will react differently to each type of ammo. Ive gone through this with my smallbore rifle.

Thanks for all the information guys. I will be doing some sized pellets soon, does anybody know of a good bench,vise to use. I dont seem to have one that i can get my hands around. I am shooting a FWB 700. The test group that came with my gun if perfect so i want to make sure i am getting that group. I am using R10 match 4.53 because that what i have available from my school right now. I dont mind testing all these pellets because what ends up not working will be practice ammo or giving to my team. Just want to get an accurate test using a vice. I mean i could do it using a bench but iam not sure how precise i could get it doing it that way.

Thanks

stephen
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Scott was handing out some sample packs of the new Vogel USA pellets at the 3XAir match in Dec. (Made in the good ol' USA)

I was astounded how well these things shot in my daughters 2002CA off of a clamped rest.
One hole groups @10m, and perceived by me to be better than the R-10's she was shooting.

She's been shooting them in practice and the AL postal match and has been shooting at or above her averages with a few PR's

Now I'm begging him for more .......

Those of you that got some of these, should probably try them out
hank2222

walther 4.49 sized

Post by hank2222 »

my walther loves the 4.49mm sized pellets and will shot one hole groups with it when i put all together
my airrifle will out shoot me i am weekend shooter
try the owner manuls says to use in the airrifle