Which gun

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Mikejkd

Which gun

Post by Mikejkd »

What would you chose a Walther or Pardini for NRA Bullseye?
K38

Post by K38 »

This is more of an ISSF site, but I will give my thoughts, biased as they are. I have a Pardini SP that is set up for bullseye with an Ultradot red dot sight. I shoot RWS ammo and it is 100% reliable through several matches. I have never had a Walther, but I am sure it would be fine too. The Pardini has a rail on the top that uses special rings (not expensive) that let you mount a red dot directly on top. I hope I have not bothered anyone with the bullseye stuff. Hopefully a Walther guy will come by to fill you in about that brand. I mount my dot with two rings in front of the turret with the dot cantilevered over the back of the gun. I think the balance is much better that way.

Best,

Dwight
6string

Post by 6string »

I too use the Pardini for both bullseye and international. You can easily make up a set of rings for the Pardini by taking a belt sander or file to the bottom face of the jaws. Easy to do. Takes just a few minutes. Plus, the rings are cheap if you buy them from Walmart. Also, you may wish to look for a Nygord Master grip for the Pardini. It was designed to take full advantage of the more liberal 2700 rules for grip dimensions. I use one and find it to be almost as great fitting as a free pistol grip. The gun is very reliable and extremely accurate out to the 50 yd line.
Mike M.

Post by Mike M. »

I think the real question is to find the gun that fits you the best. Walthers have a very upright grip. If you find that a 1911 points well for you, you will like the Walther. On the other hand, the Pardinis have a more relaxed grip...and if your hand finds that a Glock fits well, you may want the Pardini.
K38

Post by K38 »

This is why the elegant Hammerli 208s is considered by many to be the non-plus-ultra bullseye .22. Many of the 2600+ club swear by them.

Dwight
Walter

Post by Walter »

All else being equal, you will get much better service, parts and repair with a Walther from Earls.

Pardini service, (in my opinion only), is a bag o' shit.
Brian James

Post by Brian James »

I have heard wonderful things about Earls - so they seem to be good.

Pardini from my experience is mixed. The dealer network has been lacking in customer service, but dealing with Pardini directly is a wonderful experience.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Brian James wrote:I have heard wonderful things about Earls - so they seem to be good.

Pardini from my experience is mixed. The dealer network has been lacking in customer service, but dealing with Pardini directly is a wonderful experience.
I've dealt with Earl's, even from up here in Canada it was a pleasure.
shadow

Walther

Post by shadow »

I read an article and they referref to a Walther as a "machine" that shoots. That is a very good description because they gun functions reliably over and over again. The bbl length can be of consideration if you intend to shoot Conventional at 50 yards.

Post by Guest »

Is Bullseye low rent compared to ISSF? I just got into Bullseye because it is at the club I belong to. I do not see any ISSF leagues or matches in my area(South Easter MA RI border).
kpuscg04

Post by kpuscg04 »

I am also in the market for a 22rm pistol that I can use in Bullseye and International competition. I was told by some of the more experienced shooters at my club to stay away from the GSP Expert as it doesn't not hold a consistent group at 50 yds.

The Hammerlli SP-20 was recommended to me. I have not yet had the chance to personally fire either.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Even if the Walther's groups opened up to 2.5" at 50 yards, It probably won't hold you back from the Masters ranks. I would think the Walther could hold 2.5"!
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

The Walther is designed for 25 m and does suffer some at 50yds (esp. the .32) but his is very easily remedied by buying a longer barrel for BE and it's very easy to change from ISSF to the Bullseye barrel loosen and tighten 1 screw,
kpuscg04

Walther Barrel

Post by kpuscg04 »

Who makes the 50yrd barrels for the Walther??