TOZ 35 Trigger Cant and Reach

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
K38

TOZ 35 Trigger Cant and Reach

Post by K38 »

I was practicing dry fire with my TOZ 35 and playing with the trigger position a bit. I use an extra large Rink Grip that feels very good to me. The problem I have is it seems to put my trigger finger a ways from the trigger so that I have to have the trigger all the way back and canted to the side at about 45 deg. This is comfortable, but I can't figure out who in the world could use the trigger all the way forward! My hand fits fine on run of the mill guns like a S&W Model 14 or a Glock, but this thing makes me feel like a midget. Is it bad FP technique to cant the trigger if it is I will have to go back to my Morini CM 80 (weird gun!) Any thoughts would be wonderful.

Dwight
mjmarz

TOZ grips.

Post by mjmarz »

What one thinks as a grip that fits and one that actually does may at times differ. One of the measures of a grip that fits is one that enables the force of the trigger to be in line with the barrel so as not to disturb the alignment during release. Given the light triggers on the toz, the effect of misalignment is slight but I suspect present. For that end I have noticed that Rink has two different palm swell sizes and suggests that the shooter also considers an optional angle of the grip so as to facilitate correct trigger finger placement. I have rather short fingers and fairly thick palms. As a result I find myself removing wood along the upper right grip(I am right handed) and shortening the distance of the reach by removing wood also across the backstrap as well as in area immediately behind and to the right of the trigger. I examining a series of eastern european club TOZs, I noticed that very many were modified inthis manner. Perhaps the Rink presently on the TOZ is really a bit large?

PS Please note that the rotation of the trigger can be altered so that pressure from the side, as in your described cant can be more efficiently levered up for release rather than permit any sideward pressure.
Fred

Post by Fred »

Dwight,

Just in case you are not already aware of this, one of the great design features of the TOZ is that the trigger can be rotated to any direction and still work perfectly. This rotation, however, should not be done using the screw that holds the trigger blade to the post. See the 10P Files for a full explanation of this. If the TOZ trigger is rotated properly, you should be able to activate it sideways or even backwards without disturbing the sights.

HTH,
FredB
K38

Post by K38 »

Great Tip Fred!

I was doing it the wrong way! I will re-do it ASAP.

Dwight
K38

Post by K38 »

OK I feel stupid!

Which screw do you use? I can't figure it out from the instructions.

Dwight
Fred

Post by Fred »

Dwight,

Looking at the 10P diagrams:

Loosen screw #3 (the one on the trigger blade) to adjust the blade to the desired height, and make sure that the slots are lined up as described. At this point it doesn't matter what direction the blade is rotated. Tighten #3.

Loosen screw #2 (the one ahead of the trigger blade that goes up into the gun). On some TOZ samples this screw is difficult to loosen. Rotate the entire trigger release assembly so the blade is at the desired rotation. On some TOZ samples this assembly is difficult to rotate at first. I had to disassemble mine and clean up some burrs to get it to rotate smoothly. Tighten #2. The trigger should now be at the rotational angle and height desired - whatever that is - and will operate smoothly.

Set sear screw #4 according to instructions.

Set weight screw #1 as desired (note it may feel different if you have adjusted the height of the blade).

For whatever reason, the TOZ trigger is placed very far forward compared to the triggers on other FPs. But, because of the marvelous design of this trigger, I can comfortably operate my TOZ even though I have a relatively small hand.
Fred

Post by Fred »

Dwight,

Looking at the 10P diagrams:

Loosen screw #3 (the one on the trigger blade) to adjust the blade to the desired height, and make sure that the slots are lined up as described. At this point it doesn't matter what direction the blade is rotated. Tighten #3.

Loosen screw #2 (the one ahead of the trigger blade that goes up into the gun). On some TOZ samples this screw is difficult to loosen. Rotate the entire trigger release assembly so the blade is at the desired rotation. On some TOZ samples this assembly is difficult to rotate at first. I had to disassemble mine and clean up some burrs to get it to rotate smoothly. Tighten #2. The trigger should now be at the rotational angle and height desired - whatever that is - and will operate smoothly.

Set sear screw #4 according to instructions.

Set weight screw #1 as desired (note it may feel different if you have adjusted the height of the blade).

For whatever reason, the TOZ trigger is placed very far forward compared to the triggers on other FPs. But, because of the marvelous design of this trigger, I can comfortably operate my TOZ even though I have a relatively small hand.

HTH,
FredB
K38

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by K38 »

Thanks guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your instructions worked like a charm!!! I was very surprised that screw #2 would let the trigger rotate. I feel like going out in the back yard and sing a verse or two of the International! (just kidding)

What can CCCP do for you!

:-)

Dwight