TOZ 35 Critical Spares?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
dlb

TOZ 35 Critical Spares?

Post by dlb »

I've purchased two of the TOZ 35s that were sold by CDNN recently. It's apparent that several other people on TT have bought them as well.

What spare parts should I have handy to maintain these pistols? - which spares did TOZ originally include with the pistol?
mjmarz

TOZ spares

Post by mjmarz »

Sear and firing pin springs, firing pin, and optional width front and rear sights are a good place to start along with the punches to push out the pins that hold the slide(breech block) and accelerator group( trigger housing) in place. A screw driver and a brush to clean out the chamber will also be handy. You will in time replace the lever spring in the trigger housing and some have had to replace the main spring which drives the hammer as well. All are fairly easily done by the owner.

Download the manual from the yahoo freepistol site to give you the appropriate part numbers and nomenclature for efficient ordering.
toznerd

Post by toznerd »

Here's what I'm going to try to collect or fabricate for my stable:

In the block:
-firing pins
-firing pin springs (coil)
-firing pin retention lever springs (normally flat: aka 'pigtail')

In the trigger assembly
-plastic nuts (adjusted tension for trigger weight)
-large lever springs (flat)
-accelerator springs (flat-ground to curved taper)

toznerd
dlb

Post by dlb »

thanks for that information.

Does anyone know of a maintenance guide for the TOZ 35? There isn't much information online, in english, concerning its upkeep.

For instance, what types and grades of lubricant are recommended, where should they be applied, and how often?

What's a light cleaning entail?
Lane

Post by Lane »

I also bought a TOZ from CDNN and mine was a #35 not an "M". I was greatly relived at the condition of mine and the box it came in. It worked right out of the box and the only screws that showed any sign of usuage were the grip screws. A friend of mine even made the unaltered grip work with a bunch of Dremal tool work. I have a total of $537.00 in the whole deal and couldn't be pleased more. It would be nice if Pikington or Larry's guns offered a spare parts kit for these guns. What is the poundage of the revolver spring that is being used for the fireing pin spring??