Steyr Silloughette Pistol ------------Prototype---------

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Steyr USA

Steyr Silloughette Pistol ------------Prototype---------

Post by Steyr USA »

Take a look at these pics, and please post your thoughts about interest in a silloughette pistol. These are prototypes, I would guess retail on this would be in the $1700 range.

Also, anyone wanting a 20 page Steyr catalog of their current airgun offerings please send us $3 and we will get one right out to you.
http://www.pilkguns.com/steyrsillindex.shtml
Mike Taylor

Silhouette Pistol

Post by Mike Taylor »

Pistol?
If you have to hold it with two hands, it's a rifle in my book.
Mike T. (donning Nomex suit)
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

When you shoot one-handed with open sights you sure get some funny looks . . .

. . . until the metal starts falling!

Steve Swartz

[agree that shooting "international style" in a silhouette match puts you at a disadvantage- but it sure is good training! (and humbling)]
Ed Hall

Post by Ed Hall »

Steve wrote:[agree that shooting "international style" in a silhouette match puts you at a disadvantage- but it sure is good training! (and humbling)]
I never felt I was at a disadvantage firing one handed, especially when I fired timed fire strings, knocking over 5 animals... I think I carried the highest ranking when I was competing in both Hunter's pistol and Smallbore Hunter's Pistol, with both open sights and scopes... At least that's how I remember it... I didn't always fire strings, but I did when things were "feeling right."

Take Care,
Ed Hall
U.S. Air Force Competitive Shooting Teams
Bullseye (and International) CompetitionThings
tleddy

Shooting attire

Post by tleddy »

Are the heavy jackets used to stabilize the hold???

Tillman in FLORIDA :-)
jon_01

Post by jon_01 »

Interesting looking pistol. One concern I have with the two-handed hold on this particular pistol (a hold which seems to be common in pistol silhouette) is the degree to which pressure applied between the barrel and the air cylinder might cause the cylinder to bend or cause damage to the o-ring or simply place stress on areas that would not be good for the gun. Seems to me that this is an area of the pistol that should not be held in such a manner or perhaps, the cylincer can be made to be more flush with the barrel so there is no possible give? Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but my intuition tells me that the air cylinder just should not serve as a functional support. Certainly would be an interesting recoil if 2 bar of air escaped out of the cylinder during a shot. What about some kind of do-hicky handle that could be attached below the air cylinder? Just my 2 cents.

best,

Jon
pauln

Post by pauln »

Neat pistol, but what we really want is an electronic trigger for the LP10
LP10er

Post by LP10er »

pauln wrote:Neat pistol, but what we really want is an electronic trigger for the LP10
Why? The LP10 trigger is superior and has less moving parts than a Morini electronic anyway. And, it doesn't just stop working one day requiring a new module.
pauln

Post by pauln »

Why? The LP10 trigger is superior and has less moving parts than a Morini electronic anyway. And, it doesn't just stop working one day requiring a new module.[/quote]

Less moving parts, really that surprises me. But I'm sure you are correct.
I have only tried one of each and preferred the Morini trigger, but liked the LP10 in all other respects.
I have also seen a lot of posts by people who have gone for the Morini just because of the trigger, I guess it's a matter of personal preference.
I think if Steyr had an electronic trigger as a option a lot of shooters would take it.
Regards
Paul
Slowstdy

Post by Slowstdy »

Jon 01, a do-hickey handle above the barrel as a sight extension going back towards the receiver is a way better way to go.
Slowstdy

Post by Slowstdy »

This gun as it stands would be illegal in NRA silhouette.
Rule 3.6.1
jipe

Post by jipe »

Any technical information about that pistol ? Is it based on a Steyr LP frame (difficult to see on the picture, the cylinder seems the same but not the frame) ?

What is the power: 7.5Joule ?
EAL22

Post by EAL22 »

What is the barrel length? It should be legal for unlimited classes in Ihmsa Silhouette. Looks like it is based on the LP50. Here is my cut up P70jr. i use for unlimited anysight class. I have been wanting to try peep sights for the open sight classes.