Youth program in Concord, NH area???

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

durant7

Youth program in Concord, NH area???

Post by durant7 »

I help start a youth program in Texas and now I am in NH. I'd like to know if anyone here on the board knows of any, even anecdotal, information on youth shooting in NH. Or New England for that matter. 4H, FFA etc are big in Texas. Not in NE from what I can tell.

But, I'm new to the area and hope someone out there can get me up to speed.

Thanks!
rjjr

clubs in NH

Post by rjjr »

I found these on usashootings site. I know the individuals who run programs at the first 3 listed. They have solid programs for juniors. I am in Harvard, MA which may be little far for you to travel.

I hope this helps.
Rick

Cheshire County Fish & Game Club
P.O. Box 233
Keene, NH 03431-0233
Phone: (603) 313-9952
Allow Adults? Yes
Allow Juniors? Yes

Hudson Fish And Game Club
53 Pine Rd
Hudson, NH 3051
Phone: (603) 889-9875
Allow Adults? Yes
Allow Juniors? Yes

Nashua Fish & Game Assoc.
P. O. Box 28
Nashua, NH 3061
Phone:
Allow Adults? Yes
Allow Juniors? Yes

Paper Punchers International
PO Box 356
Wilton, NH 3086
Phone: (603) 654-5732
Allow Adults? Yes
Allow Juniors? Yes
Discipline: "Pistol (Air, Smallbore) Rifle (Air, Smallbore) "

Post by Guest »

Judd:
In Maine the Pine Tree State Rifle & Pistol Assoc. sponsors a Junior Rifle program The Jr. Rifle Director is Julian Beale of Belgrade. He runs a small gun shop called Kennebec Guns in Augusta and he can be reached at 207-622-1157. The program has about 250-300 kids in it and they run postal matches and shoulder to shoulder matches.

Julian is also a coach for the USA Shooting teams and has been running this Junior Rifle program here in Maine for over 20 years. He could probably give you some advice as to how to get started and what pitfalls to avoid. The teams here are both club teams and scholastic teams and he runs 3 position, 4 position and for the beginners a prone only program.