MG2

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
prfct

MG2

Post by prfct »

Have the latest production MG2's reliability problems
been fixed by Matchguns? Is the MG2 a out of the
box shooter yet?
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

Prfct - the short answer is that no high-end pistol is guaranteed to be an out-of-the-box shooter. Most are, but some aren't. If you read some of my earlier posts on the topic you'll see that I have experience with a few different pistols and have seen more than my fair share of manufacturers quality defects in new guns.

With that having been said, the MG-2 is generally a pretty good gun. My first one shot well out of the box, and continues to shoot well. My second one needed a new barrel and slide (design/manufacturing error in the extractor). The newest production guns have benefited from many lessons learned and as such I would expect them to work well right out of the box. The most glaring functional errors seem to have been corrected in production in the late summer or fall of 2006 (that was the incorrect extractor width and extractor groove milled too deep in the side of the barrel).

Take a few minutes to search the site for posts on the MG-2 and you'll get a better idea of problems that have been encountered and how they've been fixed.
Mellberg

Post by Mellberg »

Two out of three (known to me) weapon-related problems during this weeks Swedish Championships was MG2's that malfunctioned.
davidInOttawa

MG2

Post by davidInOttawa »

Mellberg wrote:Two out of three (known to me) weapon-related problems during this weeks Swedish Championships was MG2's that malfunctioned.
There were no MG2 malfunctions at the Canadian National Champsionships.. there were many other malfunctions (including my own FWB 55p).

I shot 8 events with the MG2 without a malfunction at nationals.. I've shot more than 2000 rounds with the MG2 without a malfunction (of any sort) since the barrel/slide replacement

David